Book Review||Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K.Rowling

by - 17.8.16

Reading is something I love and even though I'm not that amazing at explaining books without ruining some part or the other, I thought I'd try my best and just give you guys my opinion on some of the books that I have been reading. And what better way to start off than with a book that has everyone buzzing: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. 


It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.


While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.

I went into this book completely spoiler free and I want others who wish to do the same to be able to do so. I promise, there are no spoilers. Obviously it was meant to be performed since it is a play so I guess the effect would have been slightly different. When I finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I thought it was a perfect end into the series. I guess I did have some unanswered questions but all in all, I was satisfied with the ending. I think that is the reason why I enjoyed this book more than some other people. I was not expecting another Harry Potter book. In my opinion, this one is written in a completely different style and I think that's what J.K.Rowling was aiming for. My personal favourite character was Scorpious. He was geeky-cute and both his and his Draco Malfoy's character really enhanced the book. And I also thought that the cover of this book was far more effective than the other books. 

Those of you who have read the book, what did you think? Literally, the little plot twist at the end had me questioning what I had missed in the other 7 books.

OVERALL RATING: 3.5/5 stars



You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. ah thanks for the review! I've been seeing all of my friends talking about this how they got it when it came out but i havent read any reviews for it yet! thanks for sharing, will have to get it next!
    have a wonderful weekend! xo
    Andrea
    www.phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think it's a must read even if it wasn't my fav out of the lot. I love your blog. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend yourself! x Jasmine

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog. I reply to every single comment even if it may take some time. Join the family! x Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017