First Day of School Makeup

by - 4.9.16


We all the know the struggle of the first day of school aka picture day. Ah all the good memories are flooding back in. At my school, the kind of poses they make us do (including the HSM jumping pose may I add). The good times. And these photos stay with you forever. That's the best part. So I thought this year, I'll try to look at least decent. Today I'm going to share my makeup look for the first day of school. Hopefully it'll give you some ideas and even though I'm not a pro makeup artist, I'll try my best. Have a lovely first day at school! x

Neutrogena Moisturizer for Combination Skin|Rs.300 or Euro 4.05

I start off with moisturizer. I've been using the Neutrogena one for 2-3 years now and I just love it. It has a nice consistency (not too thick), it's lightweight and it provides a good base for makeup because I don't use primer.

Maybelline BB Cream (Shade: Dark)| Euro 9.99

I dot this all over my face and then just blend that in with a damp makeup sponge and my QVS Foundation and Concealer Brush. I like using a BB Cream for school because it just feels nicer on the skin and I don't feel like a full face of makeup is necessary for going to school; that's just my personal opinion. Most days, I won't even wear BB Cream and just go with Concealer.

L'Oreal True Match Concealer (Shade: Medium/Dark n6-7-8 Warm Tone)|Rs. 950 or Euro 12.84

This goes underneath my eyes and on any spots and redness. I blend it in with the same brush and then finish it off with a baby makeup sponge if necessary. I love this concealer and I would definitely recommend it for anyone who likes a medium coverage. It blends really nicely and feels light on the skin. However it is slightly more on the expensive side, price-wise.

Maybelline Fit Me Powder| Euro 6 (Bought it at an outlet sale so it's a bit cheaper than normal)

I lightly dust that over my face with a Kabuki Brush. This is a relatively new addition to my collection and it has become my holy grail powder. Concealer and powder, and I'm good to go. Love it!

H&M Eyeshadow and Blush Palette|Euro 7 and Bourjois Blush (Shade: Lilas D'Or)|birthday present

I use the P.S. Primark Blush Brush and the pinky shade on the apples of my cheeks and on top of that I lightly dust the Bourjois Blush (Shade: Lilas D'Or) if I'm feeling a little sparkle. Bourjois is slightly more on the expensive end but the quality of their products is amazing and they have a nice selection as well. The palette isn't the best quality but for the price, there is an okay selection of colours and the pigmentation is alright as well (doesn't last all day though).

Catrice Cosmetics Waterproof Longlasting Eye Pencil (Shade: 100-Rendez-Blue)|Euro 5

I just line my lower lash line with the Catrice Cosemtics Eyeliner Pencil. It's a beautiful blue colour with a sort of metallic finish. It looks gorgeous on camera, it's affordable and very pigmented. I think Catrice is a really good drugstore brand and they have some lovely products that I think you guys should try, so next time you're at the drugstore, just have a little look. They are also cruelty free,

Maybelline Colossal Volume Express|Rs.400 and Revlon Fabulash Mascara|Euro 10

First I curl my lashes. Then I use the Maybelline Mascara on my lashes and the Revlon one on my lower lashes. I'll also go through my top lashes with the Revlon one if necessary because the Fabulash seperates the lashes, otherwise they'll look clumped together. They're both waterproof. The Maybelline Mascara is one of my new purchases and I'm so glad I bought it!

That is the finished look. It's really natural as you can tell and you can change it to suit your needs. I've tried to link all of the products down below. If you want more makeup looks then just let me know and I'll be sure to do them for you. The prices that have been converted are just estimations of the actual price in Euros.


PRODUCTS MENTIONED

I linked most of these products on Amazon.co.uk because I thought that it would be the easiest way. 

Neutrogena Moisturizer HERE
Maybelline BB Cream HERE
QVS Brush HERE
L'Oreal True Match Concealer HERE (similar shade)
Maybelline Fit Me Powder HERE (different shade-340 Cappuccino)
Kabuki Brush HERE (similar one by AVON but lots of options on Amazon)
H&M Palette HERE (linked to H&M USA and it's on Sale!)
Bourjois Blush HERE
Catrice Eyeliner (Couldn't find-linked the website instead)
Catrice Website HERE
Maybelline Mascara HERE
Revlon Mascara HERE

You May Also Like

0 comments

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog.

Please don't leave follow for follow comments. I really don't like them. You can however leave a link to your blog and I will check it out. If I like it, then I'll follow xx Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017