Summer Skincare and Makeup Buys

by - 14.9.16


Whilst I was in India during Summer Break I did a bit of shopping and I picked up some new
skincare and makeup bits that I thought I'd share with you. If you want a full review/update of all the products once I've used them for a month or so, then just let me know in the comments since these are all really affordable and good brands like the quality of their products are really good. Also, I hope you guys are liking the pictures. I've been working really hard on the setup and Belgium is definitely agreeing with me, blessing me with good natural light. But I'm open to suggestions to improve.

Side Note: The prices in Euros are just approximates since these were all purchased in India. I just converted the Indian prices. (The Indian currency is the Rupee). The prices are a lot more affordable when they're converted to Euros so that's why I like to purchase them in India rather than having them shipped over.

SKINCARE

Lotus Herbals ApriScrub Fresh Apricot Scrub|Rs.255 or €3.45

It says it's for all skin types and it gives you fresh new skin. I've never tried this before so I can only give you my initial thoughts. I like that you get a lot of product ( ml) and I think it smells nice as well. It has quite fine little exfoliating beads which is what I prefer.

Lotus Herbals Tea Tree Clear Clarifying Face Pack|Rs.295 or €4

It says it helps to prevent Acne, Blemishes and Spots which I'm all for. I currently use the Clay one and I'm excited to try this because I've been trying to get my hands on it for a while.

VLCC Neem Face Wash with Chamomile and Tea Tree|Rs.150 or €2

I've been using this face wash and the Himalaya Neem Face Wash for about the past 2 years and they are both so so good for the skin. It does exactly what it promises which is to prevent pimples and nourish skin. This is definitely a must try for those of you who oily skin because it clears up all that excess oil but still leaves your skin feeling soft and nourished. I don't think it would work for those of you with lots of acne and very frequent breakouts but it'll be perfect if you have mild acne. The only difference between the two, I find is that the Himalaya one has a slightly thicker consistency which I prefer but that's just personal choice.

Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Absolute Anti-Tan Scrub|Rs.275 or €3.70

It says it's for all skin types and for Skin Lightening and Exfoliating. I've tried other products from this range and they work really well so hopefully this is just as good. The face mask does sting a bit so this might as well but it's not that painful.



Bath and Body Works Cup of Warmth Body Lotion|Purchased in Dubai

This smells SO GOOD and it's such an autumnal scent and I'm super excited to use it once I'm through my current one. I'm currently using the Waikiki Beach Coconut Lotion and that's a gorgeous scent for Summer. They're hydrating, they smell good and you get a good amount of product.

P.S. The top is rose gold and I love it!

Bath and Body Works Plumeria Shower Gel|Purchased in Dubai

I've never tried a shower gel from B&B Works before. It has the same packaging as the lotion and this one is a floral scent gel. I've been waiting to try this and I'm definitely expecting it to be foamy.

Bath and Body Work Juniper Breeze Body Mist|Purchased in Dubai

I LOVE LOVE LOVE B&B Works's mists. They're so light, fresh and they have the nicest scents. I like to spray them on in the morning and after sport because the scents aren't too overpowering. My favourite is Winter Candy Apple but I couldn't find that one this time, so I went for Juniper breeze which I think will be nice all year round.


MAKEUP

Maybelline  The Colossal Volume Express Waterproof Mascara| Rs.400 or €5.40

I'm so excited to try this mascara because I've heard such good things about it and I've been waiting for ages to get my hands on it. I had to go for the waterproof version because, as people who live in/have been to Belgium will know, it rains a hell of a lot there so I can't have my mascara dripping down my face now can I?

Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow (Shade: Cherry)| Rs. 275 or €3.70

I wanted to try this out because I'm curious to see the difference between this and the normal lipbalms, specifically the Cherry Me lipbalm shade. Just by swatching both of them, this one has a darker colour than the lipbalm and it seems to have more lasting power. It still feels just as moisturizing as the lipbalms though.

Faces Ultimate Pro XPERT COVER Compact (Shade: Tan-05)| Rs. 749 or €10

I don't know why but when I was trying to find a liquid concealer, none of the brands had one. I checked at the Colorbar, Maybelline, Revlon and even the Rimmel counter. They were either out of stock or they just had the stick concealers. When I saw this product, it had a nice consistency (slightly thicker than liquid concealers) and it was smooth. Initially I thought it wouldn't match my skin tone but it blended out really well and matched nearly as well as my L'Oreal True Match Concealer (this is the one I wanted to repurchase, but it was extremely overpriced). It says it's oil free and has a long lasting finish so I'm looking forward to trying it.

Faces Hi Shine Nailpolish (Shade: Do The Twist-141)|Rs.299 or €4

I've tried this once and the colour is gorgeous but the application wasn't that smooth. I'm going to test it out a bit more but so far, I'm not too impressed.

Makeup Revolution ICONIC Blush Bronze & Brighten Palette (Shade: Golden Hot)|Rs.750 or €10

This is the product I'm most excited for. I've been waiting to use this until I've done this post but OMG THE HIGHLGHTER. It's so bomb! I love it. The colour payoff it great (from the swatches) and I like that they have four different shades for different skin tones. Golden Hot is the darkest available shade.




You May Also Like

0 comments

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog. I reply to every single comment even if it may take some time. Join the family! x Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017