December Q&A//School Advice and Tips

by - 18.12.16




In honour of my mocks coming up soon, I thought maybe doing a 'school-themed' blog post would get me into the zone. So today I'm going to be doing a Q&A (That rhyme was definitely not intended ahaha!). These questions are all school-related. I've picked about half of the questions and I'll do the other half in an upcoming post. I didn't want to crowd this one with too many questions. I've been a bit busy lately so I'm sorry that I don't have a 'proper' post up but you guys were requesting this as well. Thank you to everyone who asked me any questions because I really appreciate that! I love you guys to pluto and beyond. xoxo <3

P.S. This is still gonna be a pretty long post so if you're only into my makeup posts, then I would leave now...otherwise grab a snack and let's get started shall we! :)
~
1. Do you have any tips for concentrating? I'm really BAD at concentrating at school and at home. My parents and teachers are always shouting at me for it and I really need some advice. You seem very focused.

Ummm thanks...I guess? I believe in taking regular breaks, eating enough and sleeping well. These three things are basics for being able to at least stay awake in lessons. My advice to you would be to put whatever you're learning into some kind of context. This might sound like a dumb example but say in Maths you're learning about Ratios and you're into makeup, you could imagine it like how much highlight would you need to apply to balance out your contour (Really silly I know, it was the only one I could think of). Drink lots of water during the day and make the most of your breaks. If you relax enough at lunch, then you're more likely to be focused in lessons. I hope this helps. x

2. What is your favourite subject at school? And what was your favourite subject in Years 7-9?

In years 7-9, I loved English and Languages. I felt like we had more creative freedom whereas now it's more focused on what you're required to do for your coursework. I still enjoy languages now, English not as much, but Computer Science and Geography are my current favs. What are yours?

3. I really need your help. I have to pick my subjects for my GCSEs really soon and I can't even understand where to start...can you pls help me? P.S. Ily <3

Ily too <3 x And my tips would be to first decide whether you know what direction you want to go in. If you know the specific field you want to go into, then it will be a lot easier because you can research into that. However, it's perfectly fine not knowing what you want to do. I honestly don't think that people say that enough. If you don't know or aren't sure yet of what you would like to do, then I would suggest choosing subjects that you're actually interested in because it's more likely that you will go into a career doing something that you find interesting. If you want me to do a more detailed post on this, then just let me know.

4. How did you juggle school work? any time management tips? I'm not sure if you already answered this in your previous post. lol

I'm not sure either but I don't mind answering it again. So for me, school work is a priority over other things. If I had to choose between shopping or having to my coursework, then my coursework is more important. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to shop but I can do that some other time as well. What I'm trying to say is try and establish what is more important to you.

If you happen to have some free time, then maybe get ahead on homework, coursework, make notes or even read a bit ahead in your textbook so that later on, you will find it easier since it will be more like a revision. Plan your work out around your sports and of course take enough breaks. I hope this answers your question. In the end, it's down to you to plan ahead and prepare if you know you have a lot of work over the weekend but you're going to be busy.


5. I'm scared of what others will think of me what should I do? I can't get the thought out of my head. Any advice?

Although it's hard, the best thing to do is just be yourself and not bother about what other people say. I know it's easier said than done, but everyone goes through points in their life like this. You have to understand that you are who you are, and if other people judge you for it, then they're not worth your time. Always remember what Ru Paul says "If you can't love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else". Just be you. Love yourself (even though it's difficult sometimes). People are always going to find faults but focus on what you love and don't worry. about them.

6. How do you move on from high school drama?

I think that you just need to remember that in a few years from now, none of it will matter anymore and I know it's a hard thought. I struggle with it as well, but in reality high school drama is just fuelled by people who have nothing better to do so the best thing is to ignore it, even if it's hard. Trying to forget about it, is the first step to moving forward. 

7. What are some tips you would give to help someone revise?

Everyone revises in their own way. Some things that might work for me, might not work for you. The best way is to try out different ways of revising and see what works best. Another thing that I like to do is picture where this revision will get me. For me, it's to get me good grades at GCSE, but for you it might be some other motivation. Of course, take breaks but try not to get distracted or procrastinate when it's time to work. Revision also depends on the subjects. For example, for maths the best way to revise is to do the questions and to practice whereas for the sciences, it might be to make notes and read over them and then do some past papers. If you want me to do a full post on this, then I'll definitely do that for you! x

8. What's the hardest thing about blogging and managing school work and extra-curriculars and free time? I've just started blogging and I really need help with that. Please answer.

I completely understand what you mean. I'm in the same position. I think the hardest thing is figuring out a good balance. But the way to do that is to work out your priorities. As much as I love sport and blogging, school will always be my number one priority. I would also say that, maybe if you're doing really important exams like GCSEs or A-levels/IB, then maybe don't start blogging until you're finished with them. When you have something else that you love to do, like blogging, then you don't want to ignore it, but then it's important to focus on school work (if that made any sense). Maybe Summer is a good time to start because you will have more free time, but won't have the pressure of school work.

9. Hey Jasmine, loving ur blog! I have a desperate question to ask!! How do you write a 600 word descriptive essay in 1 night (aka about 2-3 hours) for a u-know-what kinda teacher?? Any sneaky tips?


Ahahah I actually know the person who asked this question and I can 100% relate. It's honestly so hard to do especially when your teacher isn't supportive/is inconsiderate. One thing I would say is that, try your best and if you do a great essay and prove your teacher wrong, then there's no way that can say anything about it. You can look online for pictures if you're doing descriptive writing and write down all the words and phrases that come to your mind and that should give you a decent start. If you have a bad teacher, and you know that they might set you an essay and give you really little time to do it, then stay ahead of them and prepare in advance.

10. I hate school, what are your tips for surviving? LOVE YOU XO

First of all, I LOVE YOU TOO! And hating school isn't going to make it easier. School can be difficult at times and even boring but I think finding a subject that really interests you is the way to enjoy your school day more. You can always look forward to the subject. Look at the best parts. Spending time with your friends and getting home at the end of the day, if that's what you look forward to. In the end, it's something that you have to do, so just go in with a positive attitude and try your best.

11. what sort of bag did you have and what would you recommend?

So, for the most part I used to use a backpack but recently, I've swapped to using a handbag and I prefer that. It's not a full on handbag but sort of more of a cloth material so it's more comfortable to wear. I think it's just about finding what works best for you. I couldn't really fit my folders into my backpack anyways so it wasn't necessary to have a big bag but if I want to bring my laptop to school or if I'm walking home, then I'll take my backpack because it's more comfortable.

I hope my advice helped you in some way. If you have more questions, then I'll be happy to answer them in the comments or just shoot me an email. Also, leave recommendations for posts you want to see in the new year. Have an amazing weekend!

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love the advice you gave especially the about finding a subject that we really like to help us enjoy the school day more.
    I also followed your blog, please follow me back as well.

    www.themarshallwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that's the most important thing to me. Thank you! I'll definitely follow you back. xx

      Delete
  2. I'm really enjoying reading through your posts. I'm giving your blog a follow to keep up to date!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It means the world to me xx Nikita

      PS- I love your blog too x

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog.

Please don't leave follow for follow comments. I really don't like them. You can however leave a link to your blog and I will check it out. If I like it, then I'll follow xx Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017