Festive Makeup Look

by - 11.12.16





Christmas is nearly here and this month has been amazing yet stressful. But there are so many great things to look forward to. My favourite part of Christmas are the movies and of course, cuddling in warm blankets. With the festivities of Christmas on their way, I thought that I would share my Festive Makeup look. It's completely drugstore/affordable makeup as always, and I decided to add some green eyeliner on for something different. I was inspired by all the colours on my Christmas tree and so I'm going for the traditional red lip and a smoky eye.

I'm going to be starting off with my eyes because if I make a mistake or if there's any fall-out, I don't want to ruin the rest of my face. I'm going to also be using some tape and placing that at the angle of my eye to make sure I get that sharp line.

Essence Quattro Eyeshadow Quad(Shade: 07-Over the Taupe)

I'm going to be using all the colours in this quad. I'm going to start with the lightest colour (white) and then build it up to the darkest grey. The second grey, I'm going to place it in the inner half and I'm blending that into the next shimmery grey. I'm placing the darkest grey in the crease and blending that out. The brush I'm using is the Colorbar eyeshadow blending brush.

The Balm Cosmetics Nude Tude Palette

To intensify the look a bit, I'm going to be taking the shade Serious from this palette which is the black eyeshadow, I'm just going to put a bit of this in the crease because a little goes a long way. This palette is super pigmented and the shades are really smooth and easy to blend/work with.

Lakme Liquid Eyeliner (Shade: Black)

I don't like this eyeliner but this is the only one I have so I'm going to make do. You can use any eyeliner you have. I'm just going to be lining my eyes but I'm not going to do a full on cat-eye, instead I'm just going to do a small flick. We really want to keep the attention on the eyeshadow. The reason I don't like this one is because it's not got that really black colour; it almost looks grey and I'm not a fan of that.

Maybelline Colossal Kajal Waterproof Black Mascara

If you've been reading my blog for a while, then you will know that this is one of my favourite mascaras. This doesn't clump at all and it makes your lashes look really black, not that mine aren't already ahaha. I usually don't like brushes like this but I'm so glad I tried this because it's one of my holy grail products now.

P.S Love Galactic Lashes

These are optional and I'm not sure if I will wear them but it's good to keep your options open. These are from Primark and they're fairly easy to apply (not that I'm an expert either). They also have a few silver lashes at the corners which make them stand out even more. I don't think I'm bold enough to wear them outside just yet though.

Colorbar Pencil Liner (Shade:03-Jaded)

I'm just going to be applying a bit of this on my lower lash line because I wanted to add something different to this look. These eyeliners are so pigmented. I've tried lots of their blue shades as well and they're so creamy and nice on the eyes. I would definitely recommend trying out their green and blue shades especially if you have darker skin like me, and feel like lots of eyeliner don't show up well on your eyes or don't match with your skin colour. I got your back girl!



So now I'm moving onto my face makeup.

Maybelline Baby Skin Primer-Pore Eraser

This is one of my most favourite things in my collection. It evens out my skin so well and it's such an amazing base for whatever product you want to apply on top. It is a silicone based primer so if you don't like those, you won't like this. But if you spot it somewhere, then definitely try a bit on your hand and feel how smooth and soft your skin is.

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream (Shade: Dark)

I know I always use this BB Cream, but this is a reliable base for me especially because I don't want to be looking white in any photos. My one is in the darkest shade, of course. I like to apply an even layer of this just for a sheer coverage. Sometimes I go in with concealer on top but at the moment, my skin is doing quite well. I don't think I have to say more about this because I've talked about it a lot before.

Maybelline Fit Me Powder (Shade: 350)

I promise this isn't sponsored by Maybelline (not that Maybelline would ever sponsor me) but I just really like their products. This powder makes my makeup stay in place all day, I don't have to worry about it getting everywhere. It makes me look nice and matt but not too matt (if you get what I mean?) which is the look I like because it's quite natural.

Bourjois Aqua Blush (Shade:Cocori Corail- It think this is it but the name has rubbed off the bottle)

Instead of going heavy on the blush, I'm going to be using this water-based cream blush. It just gives a light sheen and a healthy glow. It's super natural and a little is more than enough. If you have pale/light skin, then this will show up as a darker colour so this would be great as an everyday blush if you're looking for a new blush.

Makeup Revolution ICONIC Face Palette (Shade: Golden Hot)

I love this palette. You can build up the colour you want, which is what I'd rather have than having to use a light hand and being careful all the time. The highlighter is gorgeous! I would buy this palette all over again just for this stunning highlight. I don't use the bronzer because it's shimmery and it doesn't suit me. I lightly apply some higlighter and I'm not going to be using the blush because I don't want the face to be too heavy because the main focus is on the eyes and lips. I'm just using my Primark Highlighter brush.

The Body Shop Frosted Cranberry Lipbalm

This has a slight tint to it but it's a very moisturizing lipbalm. I want to make sure that I keep my lips hydrated so that there's no chance for the lipstick to apply patchy or to look dry/flaky in any areas.

Maybelline 14hr Lipstick (Shade:075-Timeless Crimson)

This lipstick is amazing. It has the most amazing, creamy formula. It doesn't feel dry at all on the lips and it applies so smoothly. You don't necessarily need a lipliner underneath but you can use one. It lasts all day and hardly comes off when you eat. It has a matte finish. Can't say anything bad about this lipstick. I 100% recommend it.


You May Also Like

0 comments

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog.

Please don't leave follow for follow comments. I really don't like them. You can however leave a link to your blog and I will check it out. If I like it, then I'll follow xx Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017