My 2017 Goals

by - 8.1.17

New Year, New Me. I've heard a lot of people say this, and let's be real, I've probably said it myself. But most likely it's not going to happen. We all know that these huge resolutions ALWAYS FAIL. I do want to take the opportunity to reflect on the past year, and set myself some achievable goals for the new year, just so that I have something to work towards. I hope you guys are as excited for the new year as I am. I love you all to pluto and beyond. I mean it from the bottom of my heart! x


ACADEMIC GOALS

1. Do well in my GCSEs

Now this is one that a lot of people might say because everyone wants to do well in school and get good grades but I'm so determined to get all As and A*s. I'm going to be really disappointed in myself I don't so I want to put it down on paper (well...in writing I guess) so that it keeps me motivated. 

2. Enjoy school more

I know a lot of people hate school but I want to learn to enjoy myself in school more. Like really apply myself in lessons and choose subjects that I really enjoy and will have fun learning. I only have a bit more than 2 years to go which isn't a very long time. So yeah, pretty self-explanatory. 

3. Get Involved in More Things

I'm always worried about what other people will think, you know when you do a lot of academic stuff out of class, people are quick to judge. But I really want to go for it like for example, trying out for subject captain, house captain and school president. 

BLOGGING GOALS

1. Improve my Photo Quality

This new year, I really want to improve the quality of my blog photos. I see these amazing blogs with the most perfect pictures and I aspire to be them. I want to try out new layouts and new backgrounds. I'm not a pro at photography and even if I don't improve, I at least want to know that I tried and that I learnt something new.

2. Try writing new posts

I'm not going to set a goal to write/post more but I do want to step out of my comfort zone and try out new and different types of posts. I know at the moment I do a lot of beauty posts and as much as I love makeup, I really like writing poetry and just expressing my opinions on life stuff ya know. I don't really know where I was going with this but I just want to try out new things and broaden my horizons blogging-wise.

3. Post at least once a week on my blog

Blogging is something I love to do and I couldn't imagine not doing it. I want to put up one post every week that I'm proud of and happy with. I have no goal of followers or anything like that this year because it is not about the numbers, but about what makes me happy.

4. Collaborate with more bloggers

This one explains itself but I really want to connect with more bloggers because I've already met some amazing girls this year, since I started and it was such an awesome experience.

LIFE GOALS

1. Focus on what's important to me

I just want to take a step back this year and focus on what's really important to me. I want to surround myself with the people I really care about and do the things I love like blogging. Pretty self-explanatory I guess.

2. Try out Photography

I've always been interested in photography and I really want to just go out and take some more photos. Recently, there have been some beautiful sunrises and sunsets here and I've captured some amazing pictures. And I feel like photography is something that can be done anywhere, anytime and with anything. You don't need a fancy camera to take amazing pictures.

3. Lose Weight

I've been saying this for YEARSSS but I just can't seem to cut out the unhealthy food or go running. My life would just seem incomplete without the tasty junk food. But I'm going to set myself the goal again this year so that maybe this might be the year of change. You never know.

4. Travel

I love to travel and I really want to visit more places in the new year. On top of my list is England, Cyprus/Maldives and to revisit Dubai.

5. Sleep/Drink more Water

I find it so difficult to sleep and I don't know why. This is a bit of a weird one, but I want to sleep more/find ways to fall asleep easily. I decided to combine these two together because I read somewhere that drinking more water helps you sleep better. I actually do drink a lot of water at the moment but sometimes I can get lazy or forget, so I want to make sure that doesn't happen.



You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. Change can happen anytime. It's upto you when you want to start working on yourself and life.
    Good luck though!

    -Kathie K
    A Sea Change

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do hope you achieve every goal you have you just have to stay determined and keep the right mind set and if you are ever looking to collaborate with other bloggers I would love to collaborate with you in the near future.

    themarshallwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope so too x and yes we'll definitely do something in the near future x Nikita

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time to read my blog! I really appreciate it x Nikita

      Delete
  4. I loved this post, Nikita! It has been a goal of mine for the longest time to improve my photo quality. I'm dealing with an iPhone 6 photo quality, but it's not too bad. I just have to figure out some things here and there. I hope you achieve all of your goals. Know that I'm rooting for you! xo

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It means a lot! x And I use an iPhone 6 as well so I can completely understand. The lighting can be a bit hard to balance. Thanks for commenting xx Nikita

      Delete
  5. love this post! Its nice to have it written down so you can have something concrete and reflect on it later! love that you are trying to blog once a week, that is my goal too! I want to blog 2x a week like I used to, but I'm fine with just once a week, that is an accomplishment itself!
    I am from Cyprus, you MUST go!! Its so beautiful! I do recommend going in the summer though!!!
    I have had health and fitness goals too, and this year I am finally taking them seriously. I am cutting the junk and sticking to my meal plan and my workout programs!!
    can't wait to read your posts this year!
    xo
    Andrea
    www.phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you babe! You're so sweet and I really appreciate you reading a commenting x Maybe I will be able to blog more once I'm done with my exams but I didn't want to set myself unrealistic goals. And I didn't know that! I'll definitely have to go now!! I wish I could cut out all the junk but I'm going to try my best xx thanks for all the support xo Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog.

Please don't leave follow for follow comments. I really don't like them. You can however leave a link to your blog and I will check it out. If I like it, then I'll follow xx Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017