Testing Avon Makeup

by - 29.1.17




Recently I've picked up some new Avon products. I think Avon is such an underrated brand and they really have a huge variety of makeup, especially if you have pale-olive skin tones. I only have very few products but I'll share what I thought of all of them. If there are any products that you've tried and you swear by them, then please comment them so I can try them out as well. I've been trying these products out for the past month or so and I have a good idea about what I think about these products. Overall, I'm very impressed with them.

I also wanted to say that I've just finished doing my mocks, so hopefully I will have more time to focus on blogging. Leave any requests you have in the comments. But I do want you to understand that as I'll be receiving feedback very soon, I may be a bit on and off. I'm really proud of myself for still posting every weekend so please bear with me while I figure out what works best for me. I love you all to pluto and beyond. I mean it from the bottom of my heart! xx

MagiX HD Finishing Powder (Translucent)

I've never had a translucent powder before and I was really looking forward to trying this. It took me a while to get used to getting the right amount of powder out because I either got nothing out or too much. But the powder itself is really nice. I like using it when I wear BB cream because then my makeup look doesn't too cakey and heavy. It feels very light on the skin and it has a good wear time. To be honest, I feel like I can't give a very good review on this because I haven't tried any other translucent powder so I can't compare it to anything. But I think it gives a nice finish to any look. Next step: Trying to bake!

True Colour Glimmersticks Eye Liner (Shade: Majestic Plum)

I'm very picky with my pencil liners. I was actually quite pleased with this liner. The colour payoff was alright and it lasted all day when I wore it to school. But it doesn't come up as a purple colour on my eyes, it's more of a brown shade. I was really excited to try out a purple liner, so I was disappointed by the colour. But overall, it goes on smoothly and has a creamy consistency. It doesn't feel itchy or dry on the eyes. I sure that this would be a product that I reach for a lot if the colour was what was promised. I'll try this out a bit more and feedback to you guys again.

True Colour Super Lengthening Mascara (Shade: Black)

Mascara's are very easy to get wrong and since so many drugstore brands have tons of options, like Essence for example, it's hard to find which ones are actually any good. But this one has to be one of my new favourite mascaras. It's not good for volumizing but it's give your lashes so much length and it seperates them really well. It does exactly what it promises to which is very rare to find nowadays. I like to use this and then my Maybelline one on top for the volume and I've just been loving how my lashes look recently. Definitely a thumbs up for this one!

ColorTrend BB Cream All in One Beauty Balm (Shade: Medium Deep)

This BB Cream is lightweight and provides a sheer coverage. It's the perfect BB Cream for an everyday look and it looks really nice with the translucent powder. I don't necessarily have anything bad to say about this product but I want to mention a few things. This is the darkest shade that Avon has, which is a unfortunate because it's not accessible to people with darker skin. I'm not sure if it even matches my skin tone. It may be a bit light for me but I think I can get away with it during the Winter months. Another thing is, when I ordered it, the tube looked a lot bigger than it actually was in real life. It wasn't expensive but I was expecting a larger tube. But other than those small things, I would recommend that you give this a try especially if you like the Maybelline BB Cream because the consistency is quite similar.

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. It's been years since I last used Avon makeup! Love the look of the HD powder! Think I'll have to give that a try! Fab post :) xxx
    Rachel | www.rachelxblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using it a lot and it's AMAZING for baking as well! I would definitely recommend it. x Thanks for reading and commenting! x

      Delete
  2. Love this post! I used to love Avon products, when I have some money I'm definitely going to have to find some new stuff to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so affordable as well but a bit harder to get a hold of than some other brands! x Thanks for reading and commenting! x Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog.

Please don't leave follow for follow comments. I really don't like them. You can however leave a link to your blog and I will check it out. If I like it, then I'll follow xx Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017