How To Stick To Your Blogging Schedule

by - 1.2.17

"Plan your work for today and every day, then work your plan"

One of my goals for this year was to try and post at least once a week. I know that it can be difficult sometimes especially when you're juggling school work, friendships and extra-curricular activities and sometimes, you just can't be bothered. You'd rather sit on the sofa, binge watch a TV show (Mine's defo Gilmore Girls or RPDG) and eat a load of junk food. I've been there. But I decided to put together a little list of tips that could help you possibly get more organized so you won't be rushing last minute and you'll probably be more proud of the content you create. I love you all to pluto and beyond. I mean it from the bottom of my heart! x

1//BE COMFORTABLE

Sit, stand, lay down but do whatever feels more comfortable to you. I like to sit on the couch when actually writing but sometimes I will sit in my bed as well. It depends on my mood. Find your spot.

2//PREPARE AHEAD OF TIME

When I know I'm going to be busy, I prepare posts earlier to make sure that I put something up every week that I'm proud of. For example, I knew that I was going to be busy during my mocks so I had pre-scheduled some posts to go up. I would also recommend taking photos in bulk so that you don't have to worry about taking them later.

3//SNACK UP!

Eating snacks always encourages me to blog (even though it might not be the best thing for my body). I like to also get some water to keep myself hydrated.

4//USE A PLANNER

I have a planner that I like to jot down some things into and I also have a blog notebook that I use to make do to lists, plan out posts and write down any ideas I may have. It helps when you're unsure of what to post because you always have some ideas and a planner just helps you to organize everything that's going on in your life. You won't feel as rushed when it comes down to the day when your're posting.

5//IT SHOULDN'T FEEL LIKE A CHORE

When blogging starts to feel like a chore, then don't do it. That doesn't mean that you can't come back to it but I suggest taking a break. For me, I really do want to reach my goal of posting once a week but I'd rather not put out a horrible quality post, with messy photos. I'd wait and then get back up better than ever.

6//MAKE EVERYTHING YOUR INSPO

If you're stuck for inspiration, then maybe take a walk outside and have a breather. I find that going out helps clear your mind and makes you more focused. You can get inspiration from almost anything and I think the nature is a huge source of inspiration for me. I come home and sometimes write stuff that's inspired by my day at school. If you're really in a rut, then you can always take inspiration from other blogs, but this is something you have to be careful about.

7//WRITE WHEN YOU FEEL IT

Sometimes, you may feel the urge to write something all of a sudden. It might be that you've come up with an amazing idea or you just feel in the flow after an event that left you with ideas. Write them down! More likely than not, people are interested in your opinions on things and your reflections on something you saw during the day. You might be thinking, how does this link to sticking to my schedule? Well, on a day when you feel uninspired to write, you'll have that post that you wrote on a whim. A few small tweaks if you feel it, or you can just leave it as is.

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. Planning ahead of time is definitely great advice!
    I have several posts in my 'draft' section that I like to consider 'posts for a rainy day' AKA when inspiration may not have struck me or a busy schedule has.

    Lovely advice post!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too! Thanks for reading and commenting Steph! x Nikita

      Delete
  2. Your tips are perfect! I definitely agree with taking pictures in bulk, especially here in the UK. Usually the weather is pretty grey, so using a sunny day to take loads of pictures is a must :) x

    https://sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The weather here in Belgium is always cloudy and grey. Thanks for reading and commenting Sandra! x Nikita

      Delete
  3. Great tips! I use some of them (like have post on draft) or be inspired by everything, but it's important to keep a quality on the blog ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I definitely agree. It's important to have good quality over quantity and I'd rather not post than have something of a bad quality. Thanks for reading and commenting! x Nikita

      Delete
  4. Totally agree, Blogging is a hobby (or job for some) but should never feel like a chore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely! Thanks for reading and commenting, I really appreciate it Marcin! x Nikita

      Delete
  5. I am always looking for ways to be a more disciplined blogger so thanks for the tips. Prepare ahead of time is one I need to better at.

    tomikaydoesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I'm glad that they could be of some help! Thanks for reading and commenting! x Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog. I reply to every single comment even if it may take some time. Join the family! x Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017