One Brand Makeup Look: Essence Cosmetics

by - 5.2.17




Essence is a brand that I've loved ever since I had started wearing makeup. I've been playing with some new products for a bit and I thought that I would do something a little different. I'll be showing you how to create a full face makeup look with products from just one brand. If you guys want me to do more posts like this, then let me know because I personally think that's it's more interesting than a normal review. I love you all to pluto and beyond. I mean it from the bottom of my heart! xx

Today we're going to be going for a bronzy-brown look. It's fairly natural but it's slightly on the smokier side. I also don't have a primer or a highlighter because I couldn't find one. I've also included all the prices because you guys asked me to. All the brushes I used are listed at the end of the post.
~
FOUNDATION: Stay All Day 16h Long-Lasting Makeup (Shade: 30-Soft Sand)//Euros 3.89

This Foundation feels light on the skin and has a medium, but buildable coverage. It has a pump dispenser so it's easy to apply and it blends nicely. It also doesn't have any smell to it. I usually don't go for Foundations because BB Creams are more appropriate for school, but I will definitely wear this when I go to any events. It lasts all day. The only complaint I have with this is that there are only four shades in the range and this is the darkest one. I have to use my Body Shop Darkening Drops (review) with this to make it the right colour. I still have to test this with flashback so I'll update you when I do.

I'm just applying a thin layer of this because I want the look to be natural and blending it out with the makeup and concealer sponges. I used about 1 pump to 1.5 pumps.

CONCEALER: Stay Natural Concealer (Shade: 04-Soft Honey)//Euros 1.99

Let me just start off by telling you what a pain it was trying to get the product out of this. I was twisting this for so long and nothing was coming out. I even went to other blogs to find out if that was the case for them as well, but it seemed to me that only I had that problem. I finally had to use pliers and do a bit of playing around but the good news is that it works now! It's definitely an under the eye, highlighting concealer. You could use it on spots but it's not very good for that. It's easy to apply and it's creamy but I want to test it out a bit more. I don't know how long it's going to last because I haven't worn it all through the day so I'll test that out and let you know.

I'm putting a bit of this under my eyes, on the bridge of my nose and a little bit on my forehead to brighten up those areas.

POWDER: All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder//Euros 2.99

This powder is translucent and it's the pressed version. It's available in the loose version as well. This powder is really good. It keeps me matt for most of the day and it's easy to throw in your bag for touch-ups. If you have dry skin, then I wouldn't recommend this because it really dries up the face. You might get away with it if you use a very good moisturizer and a hydrating primer. It's quite finely milled. It even works well for dark skin like mine; there's no white layer left on the skin. It's easy to throw into your bag for on the go as well.

I'm just putting a thin layer of this all over my face and neck because a little of this is enough for your whole face.

EYESHADOW BASE: I Heart/Love Stage Eyeshadow Base (Shade: 01-Beige)//Euros 2.59

I used this on NYE when I did my eyeshadow for a party I was going to -This is so good. It's creamy in texture and makes sure that your eyeshadow doesn't crease. It blurs out any veins, and for darker skin, the colour I got was a bit light so it worked well for intensifying the colours, although it may not be as good if the shade is the same as your skin colour. It has a doe-foot applicator which makes it easy to apply, and then can be spread with your fingers. It doesn't cast a white film onto the eyes and blends into a matte finish. It lasted on me for about 8-9 hours.

I'm just going to be applying a small amount of this onto my eyes. The amount of product that you get out in the first time is enough for both eyes because it blends out like a dream.

EYESHADOW BASE COLOUR: 2 in 1 Eyeshadow and Liner (Shade: 01-Go Bro'nze)//Euros 2.89

For a simple base, I'm going to be using this crayon. This is a nice bronzy shade (duh as it says in the name) and all I can say is that I need to go get the rest of the colours. This is amazing. The range of colours to start off: there are 6 shades and I have 2 of them. The packaging is sturdy as I already dropped it and there was no damage. It's creamy, feels smooth on the lid and although not extremely pigmented, it gives a nice subtle hint of colour, probably more evident on paler skin. The best part of this, IT DOES NOT BUDGE AT ALL. I couldn't get it off when I did my swatches, with makeup wipes and even with micellar water. No smudging throughout the day. If you can get your hands on this, then I would definitely recommend it. The only problem that I can think of is that once the crayon loses it's pointed shape, it will become difficult to line your eyes with it (it's a twisty-up pencil and not a sharpening one).

EYESHADOW: All about Bronze Eyeshadow Palette (Shade: 01-Bronze)//Euros 3.99

This is a gorgeous palette with all shimmer shades. I love shimmer shades but as an overall palette, I wish it had even one matte shade just to use as a base and a transition shade. But since I love shimmery shades, I will definitely be using this palette a lot. It's got good pigmentation and the shades blend well. The darker shades are more pigmented than the lighter ones; I find the lighter ones to be a bit chalky/powdery. There is a bit of fall out when you put it on so I would recommend tapping the excess product off and doing your eye makeup before your face makeup if you're still worried. They blend easily with your finger and/or a brush.

I'm going to be using the darkest two shades in my crease and outer third and mixing the second and third shade on the bottom row for the rest of the lid. I'm then adding a bit of the first shade on the top row in the inner corners as a highlight.




SINGLE EYSHADOW: Mono Eyeshadow (Shade: 23-Newtella)

There looks to be a lot of shimmer in the colour in the pan, but when applying it to the lid, it isn't that evident; it gives a nice sheen. The colour doesn't crease at all, at most it fades a bit throughout the day. It's really easy to blend out and feels creamy and soft on the eyelid. You don't have to add this but I just wanted to test it out.

I'm applying a bit of this onto the centre of my eyelid to add some extra shimmer and darken up the look a bit.

EYELINER: Essence Superfine Eyeliner Pen (Shade: 01-Deep Black)//Euros 2.59

This has quickly become my holy grail eyeliner. The tip is so fine, the liquid is so black and it makes applying eyeliner so easy. I'm horrible at eyeliner, especially because I don't wear it regularly but you better know that I'll be reaching for this everytime!

EYEBROW GEL POMMADE: Essence Colour and Shape Gel (Shade: Brown)//Euros 2.99

I'm not one to fill in my brows but ever since I tried it once, I fell in love. Filling in my brows makes me feel like a completely different person. I spoke a about this gel in my recent Drugstore Makeup Haul and First Impressions so I won't go on about it. I find it a lot easier now to fill in now that the first layer has been used. It's a easier to pick up the product. Although I don't do this regularly, I do like to fill them in now and then if there's an occasion.

I like to fill them in darker at the ends and lighter towards the front, for a natural look. I apply the product to the middle of my brows and blend it out to the ends and to the front.

EYEBROW SETTING GEL: Essence Make Me Brow (Shade: 02-Browny Brows)//Euros 2.59

I've heard that this is a dupe for the Benefit Gimme Brow but I haven't tested that out myself. I can see why people say that though. It's got a perfect size applicator that fits exactly in the brows. It's easy to use and the doesn't add a lot of colour, but it's perfect for setting the gel in place. You can quickly apply it to your brows and not make any mistakes and if you have naturally full brows, then you can just use this on it's own. I'll be buying a new one when this one runs out!

I'm just lighting brushing this through my brows and combing towards the ends of my brows. Just one or two coats of this and I'm done with my brows. (yes I know I said brows like 10 times in this one part but let's ignore it please)

PENCIL LINER: Long Lasting Eye Pencil (Shade: 02-Hot Chocolate)//Euros 1.59

I'm going to be honest, I'm not a fan of these liners at all. I have them in a few shades and none of them work for me. The liner looks beautiful and creamy when you swatch it, but when you go to apply it to your eyes, it's barely visible. I find that this is a problem with a lot of drugstore liner. The pigmentation just disappoints and it's a shame because they've got so many colours like silver for example, that I haven't really seen anywhere else where it's this affordable. I actually found it a bit painful applying this to my waterline. It smudges everywhere below my eyes and flakes off throughout the day. (I end up looking like I have raccoon eyes) I really wanted to love these because SO MANY people did but I just can't bring myself to. I think I'm going to give it a break and give it another shot.

MASCARA: I Heart/Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara (Shade: Black)//Euros 2.89

Essence mascaras are usually hit and miss. I'm still on the fence about this one; I definitely do like it but I don't know just yet if I love it. The wand is plastic and flexible which makes applying the product really easy. It feels light on the lashes however it doesn't work that well on lower lashes and if you apply more than 2 coats it gets a bit clumpy so you need to work quickly. It's also not waterproof but I know that there's a waterproof version available. I do prefer my Maybelline one but this is a lot more affordable.


BLUSH: Matt Touch Blush (20-Berry Me Up!)//Euros 2.59 and Mosaic Blush (Shade: 40-The Berry Connection)//Euros 2.99

The first one is my holy grail blush and the second one is another that I use all the time. I've just recently spoken about them over HERE, so I'm not going to go on about them. They're really soft and feel silky on the skin. They last well and together, they're the perfect combination for a natural but glowy look.

I'm going to lightly apply this to my cheekbones to add some colour to my face, but not too much because we don't want to overpower the eyes.

HIGHLIGHTER: 2 in 1 Eyeshadow and Liner (02-Peach Perfect)//Euros 2.89

Since I don't have a highlighter, I'm going to be using the same product that I used as an eyeshadow base colour but in a lighter shade. These are really creamy so they can work well as highlighters as well. I'm just lightly applying this to the tops of my cheekbones and blending it out. I'm also going to be putting a bit of this under my brow bone to highlight there as well. Although this is an eyeshadow stick, it also makes a killer highlight. I think that it would look amazing on every skin tone.

LIPLINER: Long Lasting Lipliner (Shade: 07-Plum Cake)//Euros 1.59

The lipliner is creamy and applies smoothly on the lips. It's very pigmented and don't dry out your lips. I like to use it on it's own or under a lipstick, both work well. It's not that good if you eat or drink but if you apply a lipstick on top, then it should be fine. The liner is a twisty-up one so no need for any sharpening. This comes in 9 shades so I'll definitely be picking up a few more. For the price, you honestly can't complain.

LIPSTICK: Long Lasting Lipstick (Shade: 28-Time for a Toffee Break?)//Euros 2.39

Okay these are my new favourite lipsticks. This is the second one I have and they're so affordable that I won't even feel ashamed buying more. They're so creamy and feel moisturizing on the lips. This is a great colour for everyday. It's a brownish shade, like 'a your lips but better' kind of look. They last through eating although I did feel like I had to reapply when I used the red shade that I own (which I actually wore on NYE). It doesn't have a matte finish, it's got a sheen to it but I don't mind that because it makes it perfect for an everyday, natural look. These come in 18 shades and hopefully I'll have the full collection!

Left to Right: 2 in 1 Eye Pencils, Single Eyeshadow-Newtella, Lipliner, Long Lasting Lipstick
LIPGLOSS: XXXL Shine Lipgloss (Shade: )//Euros 1.89

I've owned this for a while now but I've not really used it that much. It's really shiny to it and some people might find it sticky but I think a bit of stickiness is natural for a lipgloss. It does need to be reapplied throughout the day. It glides onto the lips and I find it nice to reapply this, I don't know why. It's nice to wear over a lipstick as well as on its own.

BRUSHES: Powder Brush//Euros 2.99, Blush Brush//Euros 2.89, Eyebrow Brush//Euros 2.50 and Eyeshadow Brush//Euros 1.59, Essence Makeup and Concealer Sponges//Euros 1.99

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. it would be nice to see how looks that make up on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could do that but unfortunately it's quite difficult to take good, close-up pictures of my face on my phone. Thanks for reading and commenting! I really appreciate it. x Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog. I reply to every single comment even if it may take some time. Join the family! x Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017