Valentine's Day Inspired Glam Makeup Look

by - 12.2.17






Today I'm going to be sharing a makeup look that's inspired by Valentine's day. As you all know, Valentine's day is known for it's red and pink colours so I decided to do a red-bronzey eye look and a glossy pink lip. Obviously, you can tailor it to suit what colours you like and the palettes you have. I won't be reviewing all the products because it is a makeup look and not a review but if you would like reviews of these products, then I'll link some posts where I have reviewed them or you can comment and I'll be sure to review them for you (P.S. How many times have I said review already aha?). I love you all to pluto and beyond. I mean it from the bottom of my heart! xx

EYES

I like to start with eyes first so that I can clean up any fall-out when I put on my face makeup. Starting off with my Essence I Heart Stage Eyeshadow Base, I'm putting a bit of this on both my lids to prime them and make the colour stand out more. Next, I'm going to take my Nude Tude Palette by the Balm and mixing the shades Sultry and Sleek, and applying this all over my lid as a base colour. For the overall lid shade, I'll be taking the shade Sexy from the same palette and putting is in the centre third and outer third of my eye, focusing it especially in the outer third and all through the crease. Moving onto the I Heart Makeup Golden Bar Palette, I'm applying a bit of Wrapped to the outer third, Cocoa all over the lid, Golden in the centre third towards the inner corner and finally, Foiled in the inner corners of my eyes. I'm then going to blend everything out lightly so that everything flows well together. We don't want any harsh lines or streaks.

For pencil liner, I'm going to use the Essence 2 in 1 Eyeshadow and Liner (Shade: 01- Go Bro'nze) and put this on my lower lash line to add some dimension. I'm also going to be taking a bit of the shade Cocoa and bringing that into my lower lash line as well.

For eyebrows, I'm going to be using my holy grail, Essence Eyebrow Gel: Colour and Shape (Shade: 01- Brown) with my eyebrow brush and setting that with the Essence Make Me Brow (Shade: 02-Browny Brows).

For eyeliner, I'm going to take my new favourite H&M Dip Eyeliner (Shade: Deep Charcoal) on my Essence Eyeliner Brush and drawing a line on my eyelids. I'm going to flick it out but I'm not going to do a cat eye because they don't really suit me. If you prefer a cat eye, then you go for it girl!

I'm going to curl my lashes with my NYC Eyelash Curler and apply 2-3 coats of the Essence I Heart Extreme Volume Mascara to my upper lashes. I'm not going to do anything to my lower lashes.

Left to Right: I HEART MAKEUP PALETTE: Foiled, Golden, Wrapped, Cocoa
NUDE TUDE PALETTE: Sexy, Mix of Sultry and Sleek
FACE

Girl, we're going to need to prime because the base that I'm going to be using is HEA-VY. As usual, I'll be using my trusty Mayeblline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer. Okay, so for the base, I'm actually going to be using a product that I've never talked about before and that is the Lakme Mattreal Skin Natural Mousse (Shade: 04- Golden Light) and the reason being that it's REALLY full coverage in my opinion and I just don't have the need to wear something that heavy on a day-to-day basis. A little bit of this goes a long way, so I'm going to take the smallest amount, about the size of a pea and blending that all over my face with my hands. I feel like using your hands is the best way for this product, but it works well with a beauty sponge as well. I would stay away from a brush because it can look streaky. Another note: this does oxidise so I would suggest going 1-2 shades lighter than you need. Mine's about 2 shades lighter. I'm going to set this all with the Avon MagiX HD Finishing Powder.

This mousse can leave your face looking really flat, so to add dimension, I'm going to use the Catrice Sun Glow Mineral Bronzing Powder (Shade: 010-Golden Light) which makes you look glowy and more alive if you have darker skin. Blush-wise, the I Heart Makeup Triple Baked Blusher (Shade: Candy Queen of Hearts) is the one I'm going to use. I'm just swirling all the colours together and putting a bit of this on the apples of my cheeks.

Time for my favourite part, Highlighter! I really wanted this look to be glowy so the Catrice High Glow Mineral Highlighting Powder (Shade: 010-Light Infusion) is the highlighter I'm going to use. I'm going to apply this to my cheekbones and working it up a bit and also on the tip of my nose.

LIPS

Finally for lips, I wanted it to be more natural because the eye and face makeup is so heavy. I'm going to use the Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow (Shade: Cherry Me). This is a tinted lipbalm type-thing and it's very moisturizing. For lipgloss, I'm going to put a bit of the Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss (Shade: 15-True Love) in the centre of my lips. Of course, this is optional; you can skip it out if you like.

You May Also Like

0 comments

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog. I reply to every single comment even if it may take some time. Join the family! x Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017