Everyday Makeup Edit: Spring

by - 17.3.17



Spring is right around the corner as the first official day of Spring is the 20th of March, well that's what it said anyways when I Googled it. The days are (hopefully!) be going to get hotter and therefore my makeup routine has changed. My skin is starting to become really oily and we tend to sweat more, so I've started to use new products, still affordable though, to combat the changing weather and I'm going to be sharing them with you! I love you all to pluto and beyond. I mean it from the bottom of my heart! xx

I also want to say that this a collab with one of my good blogger friends, Sanjana from Peridot Cove. She's doing a post on her Spring Essentials so you guys should definitely go check it out and send her some love!
~
The Maybelline Instant Pore Eraser Primer is my all-time favourite primer. It's perfect for oily skin like mine and I really feel like my makeup sticks well to it. It's a silicon based primer that I like to use on my nose and then smooth it out around the rest of my face. It makes your skin feel SOOO smooth and soft.

I like to go for a BB Cream around this time of the year because it just feels more comfortable on the skin and it doesn't feel cake-y at the end of the day in my opinion. However, I've recently discovered the Maybelline Fit Me! Matte and Poreless Foundation in the shade "335-" (I swear this post isn't sponsored by Maybelline. I just love their products!). I like to use just a bit of this and then sheer it out with my Primark Oval Brush to give that look and feel of a BB Cream. I usually do mix in a bit of a lighter foundation because this shade is too dark for me (I never thought I'd say that!). Here I'm just using the Essence Stay All Day 16h in the shade "30". As for powder, I stick with my favourite Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder. It just does the best job of keeping me matt for the longest. I haven't found another powder that does a job like this one so a lotta love for it. If you have more normal to dry skin, then I would recommend the Catrice Sun Glow Mineral Bronzer because it isn't too shimmery so it gives a nice overall glow to your face.


I've been getting more into contouring recently and the one I've been using it the darkest shade in the Primark Contour Kit. They recently came out with some new, darker colours so I picked it up and I've been using it frequently since. It is slightly shimmery but doesn't really look that obvious on the skin. For blush, I use the Essence My Must Haves blushes and I've been alternating between the three colours I have. When I feel like a more shimmery blush, I've been going for the I Heart Makeup Blushing Hearts blush in the shade "Candy Queen of Hearts".

As for highlighter, I'm actually going to be sharing a bit of a different product with you guys. It's the Essence Prismatic Rainbow Glow Highlighter in the shade "10-be a unicorn" and it's a trend that was popular on the Youtube and Blogosphere a while back. I was pleasantly surprised actually. When I saw people raving about it, I just didn't understand what the craze was because it honestly seemed weird to put a multi-colour highlighter on your face. But it actually give a beautiful, holographic glow to the face and looks gorgeous both on the cheek bones and on the nose. If I don't go for that highlighter, then I've been loving the Jeffree Star Skin Frost in the shade "Dark Horse". I received this for my birthday and I've been using it almost everyday since.

For Mascara, I'm still using the same combination; the Avon Lengthening Mascara and the Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Waterproof and both are black. 

You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. Lovely post! The Jeffree Star highlight looks so pretty. I've always wanted to try out a rainbow highlighter - I think I'm definitely going to have to go and buy one xx

    A x | www.meandmybeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Jeffree Star highlighter is absolutely stunning. It's especially beautiful on dark skin. I think that the rainbow highlighter would really suit every single skin type. It's SO affordable so you should definitely give it a go! Thanks for reading and commenting. x Nikita

      Delete
  2. Nikita, you're getting good at make-up and all aspects of it, too!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph! I'm always trying to learn, improve and share it all with you guys. Thanks for always reading and commenting; it means SO MUCH! xx Nikita

      Delete
  3. The Jeffrey Star Highlighter looks gorgeous!
    -Maria
    She Blushes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! Thanks for reading and commenting Maria! x Nikita

      Delete
  4. So many great and affordable products. I love all of them too!

    👏💗

    Kisses,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like to keep most of my products really affordable. Thanks for reading and commenting Taislany! x Nikita

      Delete
  5. The Jeffree Star highlight looks so gorgeous :) xo

    Emily | emsalice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so lucky to have it! Thanks for reading and commenting Emily! It means a lot x Nikita

      Delete
  6. Oh my gawd, the skin frost! xx I really want Dark horse and king tut; I feel like they'd go nicely with my skintone! x Loved this post, I followed your blog! x
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie xx
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would look stunning on you and a little goes such a long way! It has quickly become one of my holy grail products. Perfect for the summertime! xx Thanks for reading and commenting! x Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog. I reply to every single comment even if it may take some time. Join the family! x Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017