Sweet 16 Q&A

by - 5.3.17

Hey guys! As you may or may not know, it was my birthday on Wednesday and I turned 16! OMG I still can't believe it! The time has passed by so quickly and I know, I know that's a such a cliche and cheesy thing to say but it's true. In honour of my birthday, I wanted to answer 16 questions from you guys; one for every year I've been alive. I asked you guys on Twitter and a lot of you emailed me with some questions so I'm going to be answering them today as well as some other FAQs.

1. Why do you say "I love you all to pluto and beyond. I mean it from the bottom of my heart! xx" at the end of all your posts?

I truly mean it when I say it and it's just a way to show my appreciation for anyone who takes time out of their day to read my blog posts.

2. What subjects are you doing at GCSE?

I've actually got this on my About Me+FAQ page but I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, English Literature and Language and French. For my choices, I'm doing Geography, History, Computer Science and Design Technology.

3. What subjects are you going to be doing at A-level or IB? I'm not sure which one your school offers. And if you're doing IB can you say which ones will be at HL and which ones at SL? Thank you! And I have another question. Can you please do an update once you're done with your GCSEs, like a review on everything and your advice because I'm going to be going into Year 10 soon and I want to know what you recommend and why you chose those specific subjects.

I'm going to be doing IB and the subjects that I've chosen are English Lit (HL), French B (HL), Geography (HL), Economics (SL), Maths Studies (SL) and Biology (SL). And I can definitely do an update/review if you guys want to see that but that will obviously only be something that I can do after I get my results. If you have any more questions, you can always email me with them and I'll get back to you ASAP! :)

4. How did you come up with the name for your blog and why did you select that?

Well, Jasmine is a name that I've always loved and I maybe one day, I'll make it my middle name. And I just tacked on Loves at the end because I share everything that I love. Nothing too special.

5. What in your opinion, is the best part about blogging?

I think the best part is meeting new people; bloggers and readers. It's so much fun interacting with everyone who reads my blog and also talking to fellow bloggers. It's crazy to think about this amazing world of friends that I haven't ever met, but I feel like I know them. That's the beauty of blogging!

6. What blogs do you like to read?

I have a whole page dedicated to all the blogs I like to read with links to all of them over here.

7. Do you have any family traditions for birthdays? And how did you celebrate your birthday this year?

We don't have any specific family traditions but we go out to dinner at a place of their choice and cut a birthday cake. This year, I'm going to be having a birthday lunch with my friends.

8. How do you edit your Instagram photos? They always look so nice!

I don't edit my Instagram posts at all! I only turn up the brightness a bit if they're looking a bit dull but that's all. Thank you though! x

9. Who are your current favourite Youtubers?

It's just so hard to pick. I watch SO many Youtubers, so I'll split them into small, medium and bigger Youtubers. I'm sure there are many more but these are just the people that I can remember off the top of my head. Who are your favourites? Comment them down below so that I can check them out!

Small: Eve Bennett, Molly (Beauty Spectrum), Fabulous Hannah
Medium: Mel Joy, Saffron Barker (main channel and vlogs), Hannah Renee, James Charles
Big: Jeffree Star, Manny MUA, Nikki Tutorials, MissRemiAshten (main channel and vlogs)

10. What's a new makeup discovery that you've been living for?

I've just discovered the Primark Oval Face makeup brushes and I am OBSESSED! The finish, the feel on your skin, the way they blend out the product; it's just un-real. They're so affordable as well so I definitely recommend that you pick them up if you can. You won't regret it!

11. Who is a blogger that you think deserves more recognition?

Two bloggers come to mind immediately and they are Guilianna from Guilianna Marie and Steph from Social Spying. They're both amazing girls with equally great blogs and I love reading their posts so go check them out and tell them that I sent you!

12. Who is a Youtuber that you love and want to shout out?

Zoe Louise is a Youtuber who I know in person and she is one of the most genuine and nice people you will ever meet. I know that because of exams, she's not been posting recently but please do go check her out and send her some love. You can also check out her blog here.

13. How do you deal with the disappointment when you've put a lot of effort into a post and then you don't get a response or very few views/likes? PS Can you follow me on Instagram please?

When you work really hard on a post and you don't get the feedback you expect, it can be really disappointing. I try not to focus on it too much and move on to work on my next post. I've never been one that's all about the numbers and I try to stay that way. It encourages me to put out better content and work harder on my posts. Be positive and move forward. PS: Check Instagram! :)

14. What is your favourite type of blog post to write?

This is quite a hard question but I think that I most like the chatty posts. I think it feels more real and personal. Don't get me wrong, I love blogging about makeup but doing some personal posts now and then

15. What is your favourite makeup brand?

I'm not a person who likes brands, but I'm more focused on individual products. Overall, I think Essence or Maybelline are really good brands. I have a ton of products from Essence so I guess I would choose them .

16. What is your current favourite TV/Netflix show?

I haven't had time to watch much Netflix recently but I've been enjoying Riverdale (hello, Cole Sprouse!) and Jane the Virgin. What are your favourite TV shows?

Bonus Question: Favourite candy?

Easy! Haribo Tangfastics or Haribo Pasta Frutta

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. Awww! Thank you so much, Nikita! You are so sweet. I really appreciate your words. They mean so much to me. Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a blast! xoxo

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I truly love your blog so I had to include it. Thank you for reading and commenting. xx Nikita

      Delete
  2. I'm turning 17 in May, and be sure to revise for your GCSE's as it will boost you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will! It's so important to me. Thank you for reading Martin! x Nikita

      Delete
  3. hope you had a nice birthday! I loved to read your answers and know a bit more from you!
    I agree that Essence is a good brand ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I did have a really nice day! I'll be sure to do more of these again x Thanks for reading and commenting Cilia! x Nikita

      Delete
  4. Hope you had a great birthday!
    I'm so excited to be working with you!! <3
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes! And I'm super excited to be working with you too! xx Nikita

      Delete
  5. Nikita!!

    Happy happy belated birthday! It feels like I turned 16 just yesterday... in actuality it was quite a while ago. I hope it was super special.

    I love that you answered a question for every year of your life- what a lovely notion!

    Also, you mentioned me in a post, saying how my blog deserve more recognition. That absolutely melted my heart! What a surprise! Thank you so much. That means so so much to me.

    I really enjoyed reading this!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Steph! I had an amazing time and I honestly can't thank everyone enough for all the love and wishes! And it goes without saying that your blog is so unique and refreshing. I absolutely love it! xx Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog.

Please don't leave follow for follow comments. I really don't like them. You can however leave a link to your blog and I will check it out. If I like it, then I'll follow xx Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017