26 Brands You Think are Cruelty Free but Actually Aren't

by - 22.6.17


I'm here to bust some myths on CF and non-CF brands. Are you a new CF makeup buyer? Are you unsure what brands are and aren't CF that you may already own? Don't fear because I'm going to tell you what the real shit is. I have been reading so many bloggers and watching so many YouTubers who say that they're cruelty free, yet they use brands that aren't cruelty free. Why? If you're going to make such a big change, then you better do your research first. Anyways, what's done is done but it's still not too late to sort it out, and I'm going to help you with that.

Firstly, here are 10 brands that are the BASICS to remember. If you still own any, and I mean any of these brands then you cannot say that you're cruelty free.

1. Rimmel (Wake Me Up Foundation/Concealer, Kate Moss Lipsticks, Stay Matte Powder)
2. Maybelline (Baby Lips, Falsies Push Up Mascara, Colossal Volume Mascara, Fit Me! Range)
3. L'Oreal
4. MAC (Lipsticks, Soft and Gentle Highlighter, MSFs)
5. Max Factor/Covergirl
6. Dove
7. Benefit (Gimme Brow, Brow Products, Hoola Bronzer)
8. Bourjois
9. Revlon (Colourstay Foundation
10. Clinique (Beyond Perfecting Foundation, Contouring Chubby Stick)

Next, we've got some brands that are still reasonably well known and they are unfortunately not cruelty free either.

11. AVON
12. NYC Cosmetics
13. Lakme
14. Bobbi Brown (Shimmer Bricks)
15. Estee Lauder
16. Sephora's Own Brand
17. Neutrogena (Healthy Skin Foundation, Moisturizers)
18. Elizabeth Arden
19. Garnier
20. COTY (Airspun Loose Powder)
21. Smashbox  (EDIT: Smashbox is CF)
22. Stila (EDIT: Stila is CF)
23. Essie
24. Laura Mercier (Loose Setting Powder)
25. EOS
26. Nivea

I hope that this helped you a bit if you're trying to transition. I just want to request that please, please, please do your research before making a such a significant change to your lifestyle. 

x Nikita

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Wow, I knew about some of these brands but not all. I wish i could say that I am completely CF but I do own/use a few products which aren't.
    x Skye // A little inkling // Alittleinklings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on it as well, but you know what they say: slow and steady wins the race. You don't have to rush into it. You should be proud that you're supporting the right cause, even partially. x Nikita

      Delete
  2. Neutrogena isn't cruelty free? No! No! No! Great post, Nikita!

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! They're owned by Johnson and Johnson and all the companies owned by them aren't cruelty free, unlike NYX for example, which is owned by L'Oreal but they are cruelty free. It makes me sad too because I LOVE their skincare. x Nikita

      Delete
  3. Wow that's actually a lot more drugstore brands that aren't CF than I was expecting! xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was learning more about going CF, I realized the same thing too. I think it's because they're all owned by L'Oreal x Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog. I reply to every single comment even if it may take some time. Join the family! x Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017