Boho Queen Jewelry Storytime/Honest Review

by - 16.6.17


I really apologize in advance to put up a negative post on the first day of my return to post-exam blogging. I promise I've got some amazing posts planned but I just thought that I needed to put this post up ASAP because in these situations, time can be precious and I promised some people that this would be my first post back. I'll have a full update post coming on Sunday; I'm planning on daily blogging for a short period of time but I'll talk more about that on Sunday. For now, I hope that this post can help even one of you in some way. Please share this post if you think that it can help someone else who's going through the same thing.

Honestly, I never thought the day would come where I would have to write a post like this. Brands are amazing and it's great to have an opportunity to work with one. Initially, I didn't want to write a post shaming a company but I decided that I would because this is something that can happen to a lot of people. This post is about a brand called Boho Queen Jewelry. Most of you may not have heard of them but some of you may have, especially through IG.

Boho Queen reached out to me saying that they would like to me join their affiliate program and become a brand ambassador. I was thrilled but my mom wasn't sure. She asked me why a company would want to work with a blogger with such a small following. I said that I had no idea but I looked into them a bit and everything seemed fine. I was over the moon because I thought that this would be my first opportunity to work with a company. So I signed up for the program and I got an almost immediate response saying that they would love to have me and mentioned all the benefits. I was given a 55% discount code that was valid for a very short period of time and free worldwide shipping; I would say about 2-3 days. I was deciding on whether to order or not. Their products aren't cheap at all. Some of their pieces are $90 and even after the discount, that was a lot. But I urged my mom to order two pieces because I was just so excited. So here goes, I made the order and everything seemed fine. 

The standard delivery time was 1-4 days to be shipped out from the design house and 5-15 days after that to actually be delivered. They track the shipment internally so you get no updates and they have a no refund policy. This is where things start to get weird. It's been a month and I'm emailing them asking for an update on my package and no response from their side. And I just thought, oh this company is becoming more well known so they're getting an influx of order. But wait! One day I get a promotional email from them about their new sunglasses range and the next day an email about their new swimwear range. This is where I start to think, okay, you won't respond to my emails but you can send me emails about ordering your new stuff. Then I get an email saying that I have something left in my cart and I should use the code that they gave me one month ago, the one they told me would expire in 72hrs was still valid and working (I checked). Furthermore, it also turns out that the "free worldwide shipping/our next shipment leaves in 72hrs so order before that time for free shipping" policy was a permanent thing. 

At this point, I just wanted my order. Finally, after emails and emails didn't work, the order arrived. It took every single day of one month to arrive. I got the two pieces I ordered as well as a velvet choker, I guess as a bonus free gift. The address is was shipped from was in China and I can't say that the quality is amazing, especially for that price. One of the two pieces I ordered has a better quality than the other piece but I'll show you all the pictures of them a bit later. 

I've seen so many people commenting on their social media saying they want to join the affiliate program and become a brand ambassador. I have no idea how many people have already ordered things but I wanted to share my experience because it has been so draining. 

My experience with this company has been far from good but I'm not the only one. Here I want to share some conversations I've had with some other customers and the problems that others faced. I think that you'll see a trend here with everyone facing similar issues. I've crossed out the names for privacy reasons but I did get permission before using the chats, don't worry!

This customer not only had to wait a very long time to receive her products, but they were also the wrong items and of very poor quality. When she commented on their Instagram pictures and DM'ed them, they blocked her instead of addressing the issue.



The same person very kindly shared screenshots of chats from other people who messaged her with the problems they were facing when they saw her comments on their Instagram photos.






And here is another person:


I hope that this post encourages you to be more careful when ordering things online. I am happy that I got the products, and all said and done, I will be wearing this pieces because they're so up my street. That's exactly what made me order them in the first place. If you are still interested in ordering after this post, then you can find a discount code from their 1000s of "ambassadors". Everyone gets the exact same code but I won't be promoting them and they won't be on my list of brands that I've worked with on my blog page for PR companies. I want to thank you all for reading and hopefully we can share this story so that more people aren't trapped in this confusion. I want to also thank the people who allowed me to share their stories. If you are interested in reading more about this story, I did some deeper research into the whole matter and I found some pretty weird things. I don't want to make this post too long so I'll end the story here but if you want to read more then there's a link here where I've talked more about some other things I discovered, but I won't bore those of you who aren't interested.

Finally I want to share some pictures of the things I ordered so that you can judge them for yourself. I will be wearing these in pictures because I have bought them so I'm just issuing this warning beforehand. As I said, the quality is alright but I don't think it's worth the price. However I did get some discount whereas it wouldn't even be consideration to buy it at full price. All said and done, my mom is quite happy with the necklace and I like the choker as well. They're pieces that you wouldn't find in your average store so I will give them credit for that. They do have some really pretty designs but is it really worth the effort?






I hope that you found this post interesting and it taught you something about online companies. I know that not all brands are like this and I definitely think that buying online is extremely convenient but I wrote this post just to bring some awareness to the issue. Not everything was horrible, but it was all a bit of a mission. This was quite a story and if you have been through the same thing, then I would really encourage you to share your experience in the comments.

Have a lovely day!
x Nikita

You May Also Like

0 comments

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog. I reply to every single comment even if it may take some time. Join the family! x Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017