Going Cruelty Free Project Pan:June-August

by - 21.6.17


Project Pan. It's a horrendous thing for beauty junkies like me. Not being able to buy new products?! (It's not like I have money for them anyways ahaha) Project Pan is basically when you stop buying new products until you have used up a certain number of the products you already own. Usually, people set themselves a target of 10 products but the reason I want to use up all these products, is because none of them are cruelty free and I want to use them up so that they can be replaced with cruelty free alternatives.


Since Summer is right around the corner, I will be jetting off to India for the next 2 months which means that I won't be able to experiment with new products. I also won't be going out much but I hope to have hit pan on at least half of these products by the time school starts again (something I don't even want to think about considering I just finished my exams). I hope you enjoy this post and I'll continue to to update you on these products.

Starting off with the base products, for primer I want to use up the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Erasing Primer. This is a silicon based primer and it leaves your skin feeling really smooth and soft. Although I like this, I have to say that I haven't yet found the perfect primer for me because my skin is so oily and I also feel like it's a step not worth splurging on. 

I have quite a lot of face products in rotation right now. The Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream is one I'm trying to finish off because I've had it for a while now. I also have the Lakme Absolute Mattreal Skin Mousse. When they say matt, they're not joking. This is one of the only products I've ever tried that minimises the shine on my face and doesn't let the oils seep through. A little bit goes a long way. Unfortunately, they only have four shades and even the darkest shade isn't dark enough for me, so I mix in the Maybelline Fit Me! Matte and Poreless Foundation that is too dark for me, to get the right shade. I have two more BB Creams that I'm going to try and use up. They are the Nivea 5 in 1 BB Cream and the AVON ColorTrend BB Cream. Both of these are too fair at the moment so I'll have to mix in my darkening drops or the other Maybelline Foundation I mentioned before. Do you guys prefer to mix in foundations or colour drops?

As for powder, I have the Maybelline Fit Me! Powder and the AVON Transparent Loose Powder. You can tell that I have a lot of Maybelline products but unfortunately, Maybelline isn't cruelty free. The AVON powder is the only loose powder I've tried and I really like it. If you have any loose powders to recommend to me, then please do so that I can find a new one. I also have a Creme Puff Powder from Max Factor which I've had for quite a while now. I've already hit pan but I'm going to try and use up whatever I have left. Blusher-wise I have the Bourjois Blush in Lilas D'Or. This is a stunning rosy blush that has golden veining throughout it. I'm sad to have to part with this because I love it so much. I also have the ICONIC Blush, Bronze and Brighten palette from Makeup Revolution. This is cruelty free, but I've had this for a while and the highlighter is starting to get a but chunky so I want to use it up before it gets ruined. It's an amazing product and I'm definitely thinking about repurchasing it in the near future. Another cruelty free product is the PS...Contour Kit in Deep. I'm not a big fan of this but I don't want to waste it, so I'm going to try and use it up.


I don't know if eye products and lip products count, but I thought that I would include them anyways. I also have three eyeliners; the AVON glimmerstick in a purple shade, the Maybelline Colossal Kajal in black and the Attitude Eyeliner Kajal-Coal. Three amazing eyeliners, and I will have to find a replacement for them. The Lakme EyeArtist Liquid Liner is one on my list but I don't think that I'll be able to use it up because I'm not that into liquid liners.


As for lip products, I'm just going to list them all because there are so many of them.

-Maybelline Baby Lips ElectroPop (Fierce n Tangy)
-Maybelline Baby Lips (Pink Punch)
-Maybelline Baby Lips (Cherry Me)
-Maybelline Baby Lips Colour (Rose Addict)
-Maybelline Baby Lips Crayon Candy Wow (Cherry)
-Maybelline Lipbalm - a VERY old one
-Blistex Happy Lips Strawberry
-NYC CityProof Twistable Lip Colour (Riverside Rose)
-NYC Cityproof Lipgloss (Perpetually Hot Pink)
-Attitude Lipgloss (Strawberry Pink)
-Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss (
-L'Oreal Shine Caresse Lip Colour (Pretty Woman)


I'll get back to you in September to tell you huns how it's been going. My aim is to finish at least 50% of everything I've listed here. Do you think I can do it?

x Nikita

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Love this idea of going cruelty-free!! I think I want to try this, thanks for the idea :)

    Allie

    www.champagne-tuesdays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It feels amazing when you go into store knowing you support the right brands. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! x Nikita

      Delete
  2. I think you can definitely do it! I haven't tried foundation drops before, Body Shop do them but they're pricey if you're only going to use it every now and again, so I use a foundation :) x

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! I have the darkening drops from the Body Shop. I received them for my birthday, otherwise I wouldn't be able to bring myself to cash out on them. I think a foundation is more convenient. x Nikita

      Delete
  3. Yo go, Nikita! I definitely have faith in you. I should really try doing something like this. Whenever I go out, I always come home with a new lip product or mascara. I can't help it! I'm obsessed. I love that you're going cruelty free, too! Beauty Is Life is one of my fav cruelty free brands.

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I appreciate all the support. I think that we all need to cleanse sometimes. I'll definitely check them out! x Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog. I reply to every single comment even if it may take some time. Join the family! x Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017