HUGE Book Haul (YAY FOR NEW BOOKS!)

by - 26.6.17


I have so many new books that I can't decide which one to read next. Like seriously, I'm not even joking. I have a problem. I know. But it's okay because I accept that.

Just seeing all these new books on my shelf makes me so HAPPY I can't even begin to explain. I've been waiting to share these all with you guys and I've finally gotten round to taking the pictures so yay! These books are a mix of second hand books and new books.

I've already read a couple of these and I'm in the midst of reading some others; stay tuned to hear my thoughts on them at the end of the month.

I'll share the new books first, with a blurb.

- Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon

"My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla. But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly. Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster."

- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

"Cath is a Simon Snow fan.

Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan...

But for Cath, being a fan is her life—and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving. Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to. Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words... And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone. For Cath, the question is: Can she do this? Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories?

And does she even want to move on if it means leaving Simon Snow behind?"


- I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

"At first, Jude and her twin brother are NoahandJude; inseparable. Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude wears red-red lipstick, cliff-dives, and does all the talking for both of them. Years later, they are barely speaking. Something has happened to change the twins in different yet equally devastating ways . . . but then Jude meets an intriguing, irresistible boy and a mysterious new mentor. 

The early years are Noah’s to tell; the later years are Jude’s. But they each have only half the story, and if they can only find their way back to one another, they’ll have a chance to remake their world."


- Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

"An anxiety disorder disrupts fourteen-year-old Audrey’s daily life. She has been making slow but steady progress with Dr. Sarah, but when Audrey meets Linus, her brother’s gaming teammate, she is energized. She connects with him. Audrey can talk through her fears with Linus in a way she’s never been able to do with anyone before. As their friendship deepens and her recovery gains momentum, a sweet romantic connection develops, one that helps not just Audrey but also her entire family."

- The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter

"Angela Carter was a storytelling sorceress, the literary godmother of such contemporary masters of supernatural fiction as Neil Gaiman, David Mitchell, Audrey Niffenegger, J. K. Rowling, and Kelly Link, who introduces this edition of Carter's most celebrated book, published for the seventy-fifth anniversary of her birth. In The Bloody Chamber—which includes the story that is the basis of Neil Jordan's 1984 movie The Company of Wolves—Carter spins subversively dark and sensual versions of familiar fairy tales and legends like "Little Red Riding Hood," "Bluebeard," "Puss in Boots," and "Beauty and the Beast," giving them exhilarating new life in a style steeped in the romantic trappings of the gothic tradition."

- Fly on the Wall by E. Lockhart

"At the Manhattan School for Art and Music, where everyone is “different” and everyone is “special,” Gretchen Yee feels ordinary. She’s the kind of girl who sits alone at lunch, drawing pictures of Spider-Man, so she won’t have to talk to anyone; who has a crush on Titus but won’t do anything about it; who has no one to hang out with when her best (and only real) friend Katya is busy.
One day, Gretchen wishes that she could be a fly on the wall in the boys’ locker room–just to learn more about guys. What are they really like? What do they really talk about? Are they really cretins most of the time?
Fly on the Wall is the story of how that wish comes true."


Onto the second hand books (which are actually in AMAZING condition. I thank the people who keep their books so well maintained!) I'm not including a blurb for these ones because the post would be too long. 

- One Hundred Names by Cecilia Ahern
- The Year I Met You by Cecilia Ahern
- The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
- The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes
- The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez
- The Bastard of Istanbul by Elif Shafak
- You, Me and Other People by Fionnuala Kearney

Finally, I bought two books on my Kindle. 

-This Side of Paradise by F.Scott Fitzgerald
-The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald



What books are you looking forward to reading?
x Nikita

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. I really need to read Fangirl!Its such a popular book x

    http://daisyypetals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I read Eleanor and Park and loved Rainbow Rowell's style of writing. Give it a go! x Nikita

      Delete
  2. I buy so many books and I never have time to read them! A few of these books are ones I've been wanting for a while! You should review them after you've read them I'd love to see what you think! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you really should! I'll definitely be reviewing them, most likely at the end of the month. x Nikita

      Delete
  3. I really really rEEAAALY want to read Fangirl, but I'm honestly not really a fan of romances, so idek. :/ it's an awkward situations lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure either! It's a romance but not really if that makes sense. Maybe instead of buying it, you can check if you can find a second hand one, or one at your library? x Nikita

      Delete
  4. Finding Audrey and Everything Everything sound really interesting, for me I'm actually looking forward to reading a couple of autobiographies by different actors/actresses :)

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing! I've read both now and already reviewed Everything Everything if you want to know more. x That sounds interesting. Personally I'm not that much into autobiographies but I hope you enjoy them! x Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog. I reply to every single comment even if it may take some time. Join the family! x Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017