June Favourites 2017 (COLLAB w/MarinaWritesLife)

by - 30.6.17


I am SO EXCITED for this post.

1) I've never done a post like this on my blog, which is surprising because I looooove reading them
2) It's a collab (the last time I did a collab was like in the Stone Age so yay!) with one of my best blogger friends, Marina from Marina Writes Life, who I'm sure you know (if not, check her out girl!). She does amazing reviews on beauty and skincare as well as other cool posts like recipes. She's an amazing girl and I love her so so so much. She deserves wayyyy more readers. Go show her some love. Her blog is so much more professional and organized; I aspire to be that one day.
3) IT'S SUMMER! I've been on holiday since the 16th so my Summer's been extra-long but most of you may still be at school for a few more days. You're nearly there guys! Do you have any special plans for this Summer? Tell me so I can be jealous of you ahaha!

You're probably like "When are we going to get onto the actual post Nikita?". I'm getting there okay. We all know I like to talk a lot. And if you don't then, hello and I'm sorry to have scared you away already. Yes, I talk this much (actually way more than this) in real life. No need to feel sorry for my friends, they're used to it...I think.

Okay finally we've made it onto the actual post. My hands already hurt (yes, I'm lazy too). We've got a real mixed bag here today. I've got some beauty, some clothing/accessories and also some random stuff cause why the hell not ya know? There isn't as much beauty as I might usually share because I'm currently trying to finish up all of my non-cruelty free products. This is going to be a long post, so strap in everyone!

HAIRCARE/SKINCARE

I want to start off with this conditioner that I bought at the start of the month. This is the Daily Defense Argan Oil Deep Conditioning Treatment (wow! that's a mouthful). IT. IS. UH-MAZING! It smells so nice and it leaves your hair feeling so soft and smooth for the next 3-4 days. I would say that my hair smelt like the conditioner for about 2 days; the smell wore off after that. It has Argan Oil in it which is great for your hair. As you might know, I'm not enjoying my short hair so I'm really trying to grow is out again ASAP. All you have to do is massage it into your hair after shampoo and leave it in for 3 minutes (great for impatient people like me), and then wash it out. I've never heard of this brand before but I want to try more of their things after using this. For reference, I have curly and frizzy hair. This leaves my hair shiny/hydrated and completely detangled. The size is very generous; you get 295ml which is a lot more than usual conditioner sizes.

I've read that it's hard to find in store (which I agree with) but it is available on Amazon for slightly more. It's still only around the 5 Pound mark so very affordable. For my Belgium babes, I bought mine at Action but I don't know whether it'll still be available now.



I have two skincare bits that I've been enjoying this month. The VLCC Neem Face Wash is actually one of my all time favourites and I just started re-using it. The Lotus Herbals Apricot Face Scrub has quickly become a favourite and I will definitely be repurchasing it. These are both Indian brands so I'm sorry if they're hard to get a hold of, but they are available again on Amazon and I think they have online stores as well. The face wash has an ingredient called 'neem' which is great for acne, pimples and breakouts. I have really oily skin and it controls the oil so well without stripping my face of every single last bit of oil I have (uhum bad experiences with other face washes). The scrub works for all skin types, at least that's what it says on the tube. It smells so good because it has apricot in it and my skin looks a lot brighter and fresher after using this.


I'm not one for different moisturizers for daytime and nightime, but I've surprisingly been enjoying this Primark Replenishing Night Cream with Q10 and Green Tea. It's really moisturizing and makes your skin feel super soft the next morning. The only thing that is a bit of a turn off is the smell. It's not horrible but it is quite strong. But I don't use this everyday so it doesn't matter that much. The most important thing to me, is how the product performs, not its smell or packaging. It is on the more expensive side for something that's from Primark at 7 Euros. Don't know if I would repurchase but I have been liking it this month.


Of course, I had to include a hand cream in my favourites. I'm always trying new ones out and I adore the ones from the body shop, especially the rose one. But I found out that it's gotten more expensive and I can't justify paying 15 Euros for a hand cream. I think I've found a pretty good alternative. This is the Di Palomo Tuscan Rose Hand and Nail Cream. It smells so nice and it soaks quite quickly into your skin which is always a benefit. The consistency is on the thicker side but it's still easy to massage in and you only need a bit. It isn't available in Belgium. My mom got it from the UK but I'm sure you can find it online.


BEAUTY

How can I have a favourites post without a highlighter? I love a bold highlight and who else can you think of that loves a blinding highlight like I do? You guessed it (or didn't); it's Jeffree Star. His highlighters are stunning. I can't get over them. I was so blessed to receive one for my birthday from my best friend. She's such a bae. I have the Jeffree Star Highlighter in Dark Horse and I absolutely love it. It a beautiful shade for Summer time, but you know that I'll be wearing it all year round. It's too dark for fair skin in my opinion, but it's perfect for dark skin. I'll be doing a full review on it soon because I didn't realize that I've never reviewed it before. The packaging is so fun too and you get so much product, which I really appreciate especially for the price you're paying.


Another stand out beauty product, is the Essence Colour and Shape Eyebrow Gel. I have been getting more into filling in my brows the past month and it makes such a difference to your face. It would feel so weird to not fill in my brows. I think that they're such a defining feature and give some shape to your face. I like the natural look so I lightly fill them in with the pommade and then I set them in place with an Essence Eyebrow Gel. The pommade isn't that pigmented but I like it because it makes it less likely to make mistakes. I'm still a beginner ya know? It's easy to use and just blends so well with your natural brow colour. I'm starting to feel that it's a bit light but I'll have to see as I get more experienced to decide whether that's the case or not. Oh and it only comes in one shade, which is brown. (Sorry about the lighting on this picture. I just couldn't get it to work at all.)


Sort of on the same line, are my new favourite brushes. I'm not going to talk too much about them because I'm doing a full review on all the brushes with more details next Sunday, but they're the Real Techniques Core Collection Brushes. I'm obsessed with them. I was also kindly gifted these for my birthday and I can't imagine doing my makeup without the buffing brush anymore. I would love for you to come back next Sunday for a full review because I go through everything in more detail and I love how the pictures turned out.


SCENT

Summer has finally arrived so I have to unfortunately abandon my all-time favourite Bath and Body Works Winter Candy Apple Mist but I have replaced it with the Bath and Body Works Juniper Breeze Mist. It's quite a fresh and clean scent. Usually I like floral scents, but I'm actually really enjoying this (duh! that's why it's in my favourites post). I prefer mists to perfumes because they're not as strong and they feel a lot lighter.


RANDOM

Favourite TV Show: I've been rewatching RPDR Season 6 because I LOVE ADORE SO FREAKING MUCH!

Favourite Movie: HANDS DOWN it has to be Moana. I shed a tear and yes, Moana, the ocean did choose you. She's so beautiful and the story is so sweet. One of my favourite Disney movies.

Favourite Song/Album: I don't have a specific one. I've been listening to my "Summer" playlist on Spotify as well as my "Favs" playlist which I like to listen to all year round.

Favourite Blogger/YouTuber: I've been loving Unjaded Jade. She's so down to earth and I've been watching her since the start. She's grown so quickly and I'm so happy for her. Literally the sweetest, smartest and most humble person you'll watch. Eve Bennett is always a favourite. I rewatch her videos all year round and I love binge watching them every Summer. I've also been quite into Book-Tubers. Oh and I've been binge watching Bookshelf tours. They're literally the reason for my existance because they're SO SATISFYING to watch. I have wayyy too much free time now, I know. I'm literally watching TV Shows, YouTube, Blogging or out doing something. Or eating of course, because duh! Food = another reason for my existence

Journaling: Over the exam season, I've been trying to write more and record my thoughts. I haven't been very successful but I've felt a lot better every time I've just written what I'm feeling down. It's quite therapeutic. My notebook is one from HEMA and I'm definitely a genius which is why I have this book. I hoard notebooks and this is one of my favs.


Bullet Journaling: I LOVE BULLET JOURNALING! I won't bore you about it but I love planning things and since I've been daily blogging and doing so much with my friends, I've loved having somewhere to record it all so I won't forget. It's so customizable which is what I love and it's the thing that has helped me organize my life lately. I've even done some hand lettering!

What have you been enjoying this month? 
x Nikita

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Honestly, what you said about me at the beginning made me tear up - thanks so much baby girl, I love you too! x Really enjoyed your post hun - you've gotta get that glow on with some Jeffree Star! xx I love Real Techniques brushes - such good quality for such good prices! xx
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie x
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks babe! I meant every single word of it! Thank you for all the love and support x The highlighter is stunning and I love the brushes as well. Such good value for money! Lysm x Nikita

      Delete
  2. All products sounds amazing my dear. I'm curious to try :D

    Love your blog and of course I'm GFC follower. Hope you can follow me back :D

    NEW DECOR POST | Gives Life To SMALL SPACES.
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And of course. I love finding new blogs x Nikita

      Delete
  3. I love Jefree Star products but I don't like him myself so I don't want to buy them - it's a struggle! I love the sound of the argan oil conditioner! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I can understand where you're coming from. I used to feel the same but now I know who the real Jeffree is and his products are amazing regardless of who made them. The conditioner is AMAZING. The best I've ever tried x Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog.

Please don't leave follow for follow comments. I really don't like them. You can however leave a link to your blog and I will check it out. If I like it, then I'll follow xx Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017