Stripped Down

by - 27.6.17



For those of you who don't know, the Stripped Down Challenge is a tag that's been floating around YouTube for a while, and it was very popular about a year ago. I was re-watching Hannah Renee's Stripped Down videos, and I hadn't really seen anyone do a blog post like this. The point of the challenge is to film a video for 10 minutes, without any edits, cuts or music. Obviously, that's not really possible to do in writing. So I decided that I would just keep writing for as long as I can and not press the 'backspace' button. That's kind of the same thing right. I don't want to limit myself to just 10 minutes. I'm sorry if the writing isn't cohesive. I'M SORRY. I guess I'm just going to continue writing and talk about things that have been on my mind and whatever pops into my mind while I'm writing. Anything and everything I guess.

I think the first thing I want to take about is friendship groups and feeling like you don't fit into a group. Personally I have found a great group of friends but there are always times when I feel like I don't really belong or fit in. And I had phases when I just didn't like people in my group at all but I realized that I just couldn't change them, so either I had to put up with it, or I just had to walk away and give everyone some space. Going through GCSEs really taught me a lot of friendships. The people who support you through those times, are the people who are worth your time. The people who encourage you to do your best and are happy for you when you do well, even if they didn't do as well as they wanted. I don't want to name people just for privacy reasons and although I don't think that any of my friends are reading this, I don't want to cause problems.

Staying on the topic of friends, I got asked once why I don't feature them in posts or talk about them a lot. I guess it just doesn't come up so I don't talk about them. I do have friends ahaha don't worry. I'm open to doing some posts featuring them, but I don't know how I would do that. It all seems very complex. If you do want to see more of my friends, then you can check my Insta because they do feature on there quite often. My fav things to post on Insta: sunsets and pictures with my friends.

What else did I want to say?

Well, I also wanted to talk about blogging and how to deal with judgement at school. It's something that stops a lot of people from blogging or starting a YouTube channel. I personally think that the best way to deal with it, is to ignore it. It's easier said than done. I know, I know. But it's honestly the best way. They might find it funny, but when you succeed in doing what you love, why should it matter? As long as the people you care about support you, it doesn't really matter. And if they don't support you, they don't deserve to be your friend. To be frank, they're full of shit (sorry for my language) because they claim to be your friend, but they don't support you. CUT THEM OUT! I'm telling you that you're going to feel sooooooooooo much better once you have. You deserve better than that. If you feel like you won't have friends if you do that, then you're wrong. Because you have me. You can always talk to me and message me. I'm always available to help. I love chatting to you guys because you're all amazing. Also, I've made so many friends through blogging. The first two to pop into my head are Steph from Social Spying and Marina from Marina Writes Life. I'm SURE you've heard of them. If you haven't, gurrlll where you been? Don't worry about not having anyone to support you because there will always be someone.

Something else that has been on my mind quite a lot is the blogging world. There is a lot of talk about there being too many people being bloggers or YouTubers. I think that's so not true. Of course, there are more people now than before. But that doesn't mean that everyone is in it for the money. I can name more people who aren't in it for the money than people who are. And I think that it's REALLY OBVIOUS when people are in it for the money. Fake. Fake. Fake. You can just read it on their face. Fake people are one of my pet peeves. I just can't stand them. Why do you need to pretend to be someone you're not? Like can anyone explain the logic to me? Anyways I'll not rant about that because that's another post altogether. Where was I? Oh yeah, if you're thinking about blogging, then I think that you should definitely go for it. Do what you love and don't let other people stop you.

I haven't really talked about this on my blog before, but I have mentioned (I think) that I used to have another blog before, but I deleted it due to things I faced at school. I don't really want to talk about that just yet but it taught me a lot. Mostly that I loooovveeeeee blogging and I should never give it up. That Summer, Jasmine Loves was born and I'm so happy with where I've come. Now people at school are finding out about my blog again, but I. couldn't. care. less. They've got nothing on me and if they have a problem with what I'm doing, too bad for them because it's my life, not theirs. I know she's probably not reading this right now, but I want to share my love for one of my friends, Zoe Louise. She's my go-to when I want to talk about blogging or anything related to that. She has a YouTube channel and she's so amazing. I LOVE HER. Am I allowed to add her link? I will anyways.

Okay so school drama and how to avoid it. I get asked this sometimes and I guess we don't realize how much drama we go through in school, especially in the younger years. I think there's a lot less drama now that we've all grown older but I know that it's quite prominent. The best advice I can give in hindsight, is to stay out of it. Just don't get involved because things can get overwhelming and it creates more misunderstandings. It's easier said than done but that's all I can say. Try not to start it, try not to be a part of it.

Onto something more lighter, I've been loving, like loving re-watching Jane the Virgin. I'm all caught up on my TV shows and I love watching them again to remind myself of the first seasons. I can't wait for Season 4 and Suits Season 7. IT'S GONNA BE SOOOO GOOD! AHHHH!

I've also been daily blogging and really, really loving it. (haha McDonald's) I think I've found my blogging mojo. I'm getting into this routine and I've been enjoying putting up all this content for you guys. It does require quite a lot of organization but I think it's worth it. A lot of people say that you don't get as many views or comments, but honestly, that really doesn't bother me. I blog because I love it and being able to share so much is just enough as a return for all the work I put in. Personally, I don't think that you lose the quality of your posts if you blog everyday.

That reminds me. I get questions on what I use to take my pictures and I actually use my iPhone. I have an iPhone 6. I just transfer all the pictures to my laptop afterwards and decide which ones I want to keep. Usually in one session, I photograph anywhere in between 3-5 posts worth. Currently, it's a lot more since I'm pre-photographing for when I go off to India this Summer. I'll be there for the full two months and I'm not bringing all my things to do my photography there. I never edit my photos as well. I know that a lot of bloggers use Photoshop or Picmonkey. Sometimes, I will adjust the brightness depending on the day, but since the Sun is out in Belgium, I don't feel the need to do that either. I use Picmonkey when I make collages or I write text on my photos, but that is very rare.

If you've made it to the end, then congratulations. You deserve a pat on the back. This probably wasn't the most interesting post but I actually enjoyed writing it. Turns out I didn't make a single spelling mistake in the whole post which makes me happy because I can't correct it anyways. No backspace remember? 

I slightly cheated because I went back and added the links but I guess that's allowed, right?
~
I also wanted to tag some people to do a post of a similar style to this. Doesn't have to be the same but I can be if you would like. I'm not forcing you to do this by any means. I'm not going to hate you if you don't do it ahaha. If I didn't mention you, but you would still like to do it, then leave the link to your post so I can read it!


x Nikita

You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. I really liked this idea and now I really want to do it too! Love reading your thoughts in such a raw way!
    I've just found your blog and I'm following you on GFC! :)

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You definitely should and please leave me a link so that I can read it. Thank you for following, I'm going to go check out your blog now! x Nikita

      Delete
  2. wow that is so challenging!

    jess x | https://wellwellgirls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha yeah it is but it's worth it in the end because you feel so good afterwards! x Nikita

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! I love how you can really get to know a blogger better and it's such a great idea - but really challenging, well done on completing it! I love how it is inspired by Hannah Renee's video as well because she's one of my favourite YouTubers. Thanks for tagging me, I will make sure to have a go! x

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Hannah; she's so down to earth! Thanks so much for reading and I'm really excited to read yours! x Nikita

      Delete
  4. I loved this post! I will definitely consider doing this on my blog. Thanks for tagging me!

    I just wanted to say something quick about people talking about your blog in school. In 9th grade, I was SO embarrased. People would make snarky remarks and all of that stuff. Even in 10th grade I got some heat. By the time, I was a senior in high school my blog was a hit! I shared it with my English teacher who gave me so much confidence. She even helped me land sponsorships and all of that fun stuff!

    Lovely post! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Guilianna! x I think everyone struggles for a bit but then we realize what's more important. Your happiness is above all and it's important to focus on what you do for yourself than for others. Your English teacher is so sweet. Thanks so much lovely! x

      Delete
  5. NIKITA!!!!!!!!

    I loved this! I loved the personal-ness in this and the honesty!
    I learnt so much about you and how you're feeling.

    I'd been blogging every 2nd day for a while in June. I found it to be hard. The quality of my writing deteriorated, I think. But, it seems to be that some people find it easier to blog frequently than others.

    LOVELY POST, N!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOUUUU STEPH!!!! Ahhh it means so so SO much!

      I think it depends on the person but also on the type of posts that you write as well as how much spare time you have. I'm not really doing anything else right now, but it won't be possible when I go back to school. xx

      Much Love x Nikita

      Delete
  6. I think that those who are in it for the money tend to 'give up' after a few months till up to a year anyway because creating a blog doesn't guarantee free products and success instantly overnight.Blogging is something that you must stick at and those benefits are only ever really extras,those who enjoy blogging will continue to create content with love.Thank so so much for tagging me,I can't wait to do it!

    https://daisyypetals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% agree. Being genuine and honest is the most important thing. Integrity is always a very high character trait on my list. Thank you for accepting! I'm SO excited to read yours xx Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog.

Please don't leave follow for follow comments. I really don't like them. You can however leave a link to your blog and I will check it out. If I like it, then I'll follow xx Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017