Travel Diary: Malta

by - 25.6.17

Over the half-term holidays in February, my family and I took a trip to the beautiful island of Malta. Today, I thought I'd share the photos with you because who doesn't love a good picture of a sunset, am I right? If you want see some more photos, then you guys can check out my Instagram (cheeky bit of self-promo doesn't hurt anyone!). I hope that you guys like this kind of post because it's a little different to what I usually do!

I also know that this post is long overdue, but obviously I didn't put it up because I had taken a break from blogging due to my exams. I hope that you guys still enjoy it because Malta is such a beautiful place and I'm super excited to tell you guys all about it!
~
Our hotel was sea-facing and I think one of the best parts of the trip was seeing the view every morning and night. There were boats docked on the harbour and the promenade was beautiful. I saw lots of people every day taking a walk or going for a run. One thing I have to say is that Malta is beautiful by day and by night. For someone who loves sunsets *uhum me* it was an absolute dream.





We went on a Hop On Hop Off bus (typical touristy thing to do right?) and the Maltese architecture really reminds you of its history. We passed some beautiful buildings and of course, there were so many statues.





There was this super cute house as well that had pink/purple doors and windows. This was in Mdina, the centre of the Old Town.


We found a small cafe that was overlooking the whole town and I ate their chocolate cheesecake. You probably expected me to talk about food as well. We all know how much I love food! (FYI I'm currently eating as well ahaha) They had all these plants at the entrance and some quotes on a blackboard. Whoever wrote it has some bomb handwriting. You should check it out if you ever visit; it's called the Fontanella Tea Garden.



TRIP TO GOZO AND COMINO

You can't go to Malta and not visit Gozo and Comino; two beautiful islands that give you major wanderlust. It's just a 2hr boat ride from the main island of Malta and it's definitely worth a trip down there. I think the photos speak for themselves.

I was so sad to hear that the Azure Window collapsed but I'm SO lucky to have been one of the last one to have seen it. I'm so proud of this photo; I absolutely love it!



We saw some people who were deep sea diving near the Azure Window. I'm definitely going to go back and do it because the first time I did it in Spain, I had the best experience ever.



This photo is one of my favourites from the whole trip. The water was so beautiful near Comino. You can see the transition of the blue shades from dark to a stunning clear blue.



The island had the perfect lighting and view for selfies so I took the opportunity!


On the last day, we visited the Hagar Qim temple ruins. This is the more historic side of Malta. It wasn't my favourite but if you are more interested in history, then I think that this will be more enjoyable. Nonetheless, it was a beautiful day and the sun was shining, so it was a nice walk down to the temples.


There were these masses of cacti growing in random places on the walls.


One of the best parts of the last day was the carnival. There was a parade where everyone dressed up. This is a really well known thing in Malta and I guess that we were in the right place at the right time! Some of the costumes were gorgeous like this one.


I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you want to see more posts like this! 

x Nikita

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. wow, Malta is so beautiful! I didn't know much of this country, so that's nice you had shared your trip!
    I hearded about the broken down of the Azure Window :(

    You mention that you have been in Spain? What did you visit? ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been to Barcelona and Lanzarote, which is where I went diving. Spain is equally beautiful and also a place you must visit. x Nikita

      Delete
    2. I know it right, I'm from Spain! hahahahah I never been to Lanzarote, but I've been to Barcelona infinity of times because I live near ^^

      Delete
    3. ahaha I didn't even realize! I would love to go back to Barcelona. It was one of my favourite places. Lanzarote doesn't have much to do, but a week trip is there is good to get away. x Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog.

Please don't leave follow for follow comments. I really don't like them. You can however leave a link to your blog and I will check it out. If I like it, then I'll follow xx Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017