TheBalm Lou Manizers: Worth the Hype?

by - 9.7.17


The Mary Lou Manizer is a cult favourite. A staple. I'm pretty sure you have heard of it at some point in time.

I always like to test these hyped up products, because not everyone is going to love a hype; that's okay! Since I wanted to test the Mary Lou out, I thought, why not test all three highlighters? TheBalm actually have a trio that has slightly smaller versions of all three highlighters which is perfect to decide which shades work best for you and of course, gives you variety.

THE PACKAGING AND COST

The palette comes in a carboard box with a magnetic closure. The design is typical of TheBalm; comic-strip style design, fun and colourful. It feels quite lightweight which I actually quite like because it means that it's perfect for travelling purposes.

Price-wise, you get three for the price of slightly more than one and these sizes last awhile. You can buy it at Di in Belgium for. It should be noted that you do get more in the single pan than the same shade in the trio, if that makes sense. In the trio, each shade is 3g and in the single pan, the shades are 8.5g.

THE SHADES


"Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey-hued luminizer that catches everybody’s eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow. Layer it on your eyelids for luxe-looking eyelashes, sweep it on your cheeks for a sexy sheen or use it as an all over finishing touch before you head out for the night!"

Mary Lou is a champagne-gold highlighter shade that is a universally flattering shade. It can easily be layered without you looking like a disco ball because it's so finely milled. The shimmer isn't chunky, so your face won't be fallout central! When I slid my finger over it to swatch the shade, it felt like satin, like a dream to touch.

"An all-in-one essential, this smart shadow, beautiful blush and subtle highlighter is tucked inside a go-anywhere compact. The light-reflecting peachy pink hue adds a splash of color to your cheeks and a hint of shimmer to your lids, while illuminating your finest features."

Cindy Lou is a rosy highlighter, but I personally feel more like it's a blush with a sheen to it. It has some golden undertones that give it that highlighter-esque quality but it's not a BAM IN YOUR FACE kind of highlight. This is a great 2-in-1 I would say. If you want a natural glow, then you can apply this on the tops of your cheeks and your cheekbones. The powder was once again soft and loosely packed.

"Fake it, don’t bake it! Before you head out to relish some well deserved sun, score a faux, sun-kissed glow with theBalm’s Betty-Lou Manizer. Betty-Lou is a silky smooth, all-in-one bronzing highlighter, shimmer and shadow."

Betty Lou is a bronzy highlighter that is PERFECT for all you tan-dark skin girls out there. It's marketed as a bronzer but I think it's too shimmery for that. It's a deep golden highlighter with golden reflects in it. Unlike the other two, I don't think that this shade would be good as an eyeshadow purely because it's not that much darker than my skin, as you can see from the swatches below. However, in saying that, you could use it to create a natural look if you have fair skin. It has the same buttery texture at the other two.


OVERALL

Is it worth the hype? ABSOLUTELY *Gia Gunn voice* All three are beautiful shades that apply like a dream and are catered to suit the majority of skin tones, as well as giving you the option of three shades to compliment different looks. The quality of the shades is as good as the individuals (I compared them in store)

Which of the three shades do you think will suit you most? I'm sure that you'll look BOMB in all of them!
x Nikita

You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. Great review! :)
    PS: Do you want to follow each other? Follow me and I will follow you back, just let me know on my blog.

    The Fashion Spell | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't do follow for follow sorry, but you I would love for you to stick around if you would like to x Nikita

      Delete
  2. Loved this post! I swear by the Mary Loo Manizer, such a beautiful highlighter but I am definitely intrigued by the other two shades!xx
    Grace Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You definitely should; it's a bargain for all three! xx Nikita

      Delete
  3. I have wanted these for so long and I love how pretty the swatches are! I can't decide which one I want! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I understand your struggle. I would say get the trio or maybe for lighter skin tones, I would recommend the Mary Lou. The decision is all yours in the end! xx Nikita

      Delete
  4. I don't wear a lot of makeup and therefor don't get excited often about any product but you've really made me want to try this one out!
    Lucie, xx

    http://thefrenchpier.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha YAY! Let me know what you think if you do end up getting it xx Nikita

      Delete
  5. Although I don't wear makeup, lovely review! Also love the new blog design, very sleek :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!I'm glad you enjoyed it and also it means a lot that you like the blog design. I spent wayyyy too long on it xx Nikita

      Delete
  6. This is a fab review! I've actually never tried out any of TheBalm's luminizers, but after reading this, I think I should. Everyone raves about Mary Lou, so I think she's the best starting point.

    Olivia - The Northernist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think so too because it's the most versatile shade but it depends on each person's preference x Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog. I reply to every single comment even if it may take some time. Join the family! x Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017