W7 Contour Stick Review: KKW Contour Stick Dupe?

by - 22.7.17


The beauty world has been on fire since Kim Kardashian West launched her own makeup line. Typically me has been watching tons and tons of reviews and they've been mixed, but mostly on the negative side. A lot of influencers are saying that the drugstore has no dupe, NO DUPE for her contour sticks. Ummm hello? The drugstore has seriously upped its game and has a dupe for pretty much everything on the market so BYE! Okay no shade here but come on!

Of course, I'm coming at you with a dupe and a full review. I will acknowledge the fact that I don't own the KKW Contour Sticks and I haven't tried them myself but I've heard some trustworthy reviews (IT'S YA GIRL JACKIE AINA!) I trust what she has to say and if it's a no from her, then why waste $50 or how much ever they cost?

I bring to you the W7 Contour Stick. I don't hear many people talking about W7, but after trying this, I think more people should! As usual, they are cruelty free and vegan as well.

PACKAGING AND COST

The sticks are dual-ended; one side is a highlight and the other side is a contour. You twist up the product. The actual packaging is plastic but it feels reasonably durable and compact. I can imagine that due to the sleek design of a stick, it will be convenient for travel purposes. I liked that on the box, they give you a 3 step guide on how to apply/use the product so it's perfect for beginners.

Price-wise, it only sets you back about 7 Euros (7.95 Pounds) , which is nothing compared to the KKW Sticks.


SHADE RANGE

There are four shades in the range: Fair, Medium, Medium/Deep and Natural. I used the shade Medium/Deep which is the darkest one. They cater to nearly everyone on the spectrum except people with true dark/deep skin. I would say if you're a couple of shades darker than me it might just work but then any darker and it would be pointless.

The Medium/Deep shade consists of a true brown contour shade and a yellow-toned matte highlight shade. I'm not into highlighting the undereyes so I haven't tested that out too much. Nonetheless, I think both shades are pretty perfect for my skin tone.


THE PRODUCT

The sticks are creamy when you apply them and they blend like a dream. However, I did feel like the product set quickly so you need to blend it out as you apply each part. I mostly used the contour side so I don't think that it's much of a problem. I like to use a mini beauty blender or a small oval brush to blend out the contour. If I use both the highlight and contour, then I'll used a beauty blender. I find that these give the most natural look. Both shades are equally creamy in texture and have the same formulation in terms of consistency, blendability and smoothness of application. They just glide onto the face.

Here is how much product you get. I've rolled the sticks out all the way. As you can see, you get a reasonable amount because a little is enough for the face.


OVERALL

Overall, I would give this a big thumbs up and will be repurchasing once I've run out. The product is perfect for an everyday look as it's super natural. The best part is that it's easy and quick to use. 100% recommend this if you're in the market for a dupe! I used to hate cream contouring but now I've become slightly obsessed all thanks to this product.

What contour sticks have you tried and which one was your favourite?
x Nikita

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. I think the KKW version is quite overpriced too, so it's good to see an affordable product that performs well! I've got the W7 contour palette which I like, so I would probably take a look into this one too xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's way too overpriced! I think you'll like this a lot and it's a lot more convenient to use and travel with than a palette xx Nikita

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any contour sticks but I can definitely vouch for W7 - my mascara AND brow powder is from them. They perform like a much more expensive makeup range.

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESS! They are so underrated! I need to go try more of their stuff out xx Nikita

      Delete
  3. I prefer contour cream sticks than powder because they last longer, I have the barryM contour stick and highlight xo
    Erika Jane | Blissful Wonder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to layer up but I can agree on the longlasting-ness. I'll have a read about the BarryM stick xx Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog.

Please don't leave follow for follow comments. I really don't like them. You can however leave a link to your blog and I will check it out. If I like it, then I'll follow xx Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017