Why Being A Small Blogger Is Amazing

by - 26.7.17


I'm a small blogger, and I admit it. I don't have thousands of followers, hundreds of emails or collaborations from PR companies. But I don't mind. I hear people complaining all the time about how hard they work but they don't get the feedback they hoped for. I completely understand because there are days where I've worked really hard on a post and I don't get the kind of response I was hoping for. Bloggers with a large following will get comments and likes no matter what post they put up. They get sent amazing new press releases before they even come out. They have the most beautiful photo lays. And it can go on and on. But things aren't always sunny. With a bigger influence, there's more of a chance of messing up. You can't always say what you want. You can't always be as honest as you would like. You get negative comments. People judge you for not having perfect photos, perfect makeup and perfect hair. I don't have to spend tons of money buying whole entire collections of makeup just to review.

Being a small blogger gives me the freedom to talk about what I want, whenever I want. Most large blogs have a specific niche, and I would hate to limit myself to one specific thing. I believe that a blog is supposed to represent you as a person and how can it do that if you only blog about one thing? Surely, you don't only have one interest?

Okay, I wouldn't mind if a brand wanted to work with me. In fact I would be honoured, and that is exactly the kind of mind set you should have. I feel like the bigger you grow, the more you lose touch with your roots, especially if you have a really quick growth.

I also love all the beautiful people I've met through blogging (not in real life sadly but soon!) . I have made some AMAZING friends who I would have never ever known otherwise. Another perk is that it's so relaxed. For most small bloggers, blogging is a hobby, not a job. And that creates a huge distinction in the way we portray ourselves. Blogging is something we love to do for fun, as a passion in our free time. We don't have commitments and certain goals to reach each month. You have the freedom to quit whenever you like (that's not going to be any time soon though!)

There are some people who don't appreciate what they've accomplished. I recently reached 100 followers and I know of people who reached 500-1000 within one year but I HONESTLY (from the bottom of my heart) DON'T MIND! As long as I'm proud of myself, that's what matters the most!

That's why I say, there's real beauty in small blogs. Embrace your blog. Love your blog no matter the size of the following because what's important is the person behind it. I would love for you to leave your blog down below and I'm going to visit every one of them so that we can spread the love. I know that this post was a bit rant-y but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless.

x Nikita

PS. Bonus post on Friday as well as Sunday so two more posts coming your way this week! Friday's post is something a bit different that I hope you'll love as much as I do. :)

You May Also Like

18 comments

  1. I totally join you on that, and I'm just so happy with the way things are, and the fact that things are just slowly picking up without it feeling like there ever is any pressure at all!
    Lucie, xx

    http://thefrenchpier.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I feel like if people gain instant fame and followers, they lose touch and appreciation for the growth and time it takes. I love that I can do whatever I like! xx Nikita

      Delete
  2. I love this post so much. I just started blogging a few months ago and felt a little discouraged at first but I can totally agree with you that I love that my blog is completely MINE - I can post whatever I want without worrying it is meeting up to anyone elses standards.

    xo, Allie

    www.champagne-tuesdays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you babe! It can always be disheartening sometimes, I'm sure it even is for bigger bloggers but there is real beauty in the freedom and love a small blogger gives to their blog xx Nikita

      Delete
  3. I find that all sorts of blogs can be an interesting read, there's always something that's unique! I love reading small blogs too, sometimes there's a product that you might not have heard of, or a niche that I didn't know of xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Each and every blog possessed a unique beauty just like the person behind the blog. xx Nikita

      Delete
  4. I have to agree with all of these. I consider myself as a small blogger too but I'm happy with what I'm doing. Small achievements and collaborations already means so much to me. As long as you're enjoying and you're satisfied with what you have right now you're in the right path of your career. :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Every single new reader means the world to me and every collaboration makes me feel so special and lucky! Completely agree xx Nikita

      Delete
  5. I totally agree! I don't get many comments at all but I really don't mind. I get private messages and Dms from people saying how much my post has helped them or that they look forward to when I post. That for me puts such a huge smile on my face. To know that people receive the message I am trying to give or that my advice has helped someone makes me want to continue, no matter how slow I might be growing. Yes it would be great to eventually get to the stage where brands recognise me or take me on amazing trips but I post because I know I am helping others and I genuinely enjoy it

    Chelle | chellebelle2016.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% yes! Every single person who makes the effort to talk to me and tell me how much something I said means to them makes my day. You can't take the smile off my face! I think hard work, passion and integrity will get you to that stage some day xx Nikita

      Delete
  6. I definitely agree that now is the era of the microblogger! Sometimes being on the smaller side of the spectrum is wonderful because it allows you to be on a smaller level to be able to interact with your readers on the regular :) And honestly focusing on the content and having fun with the process is far more important than any numbers. Slow and steady is good - allows you to have more control over everything that happens before anything gets out of hand! And I think as long as you stay true to yourself, it all falls into place. It can always be easy to get caught up in the numbers and being able to keep up with those that started around the same time as you - but being proud of your work and content is what matters the most! Keep up the amazing work :)

    Cindy | www.cindyhyue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, YES! It's such an amazing feeling seeing the growth and knowing how hard you've worked for it. Thank you so much for your (literally) perfectly worded input and the kind words! xx Nikita

      Delete
  7. Aw this is wonderful! You seem really passionate about blogging! Really, it should always be more about yourself than anything else. Im glad to have found another person who believes in that. Im going to be following your blogging journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Blogging has really opened up a new realm of possibilities and has given be a new creative outlet to share everything I love. I will be forever grateful and I'm glad you'll be following along! Thank you babe! xx Nikita

      Delete
  8. Yes! This should be the outlook of any blogger, big or small. No matter what, everyone started from the same spot, and it's nice to see someone being so humble about it! Love your blog and this earned you a follower!! I'm looking forward to reading your stuff!

    Olivia | Immobulife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! Your sweet comment has just put a HUGE smile (the size of the moon) on my face! xx Nikita

      Delete
  9. Lovely post!! I definitely think that if you have a passion for blogging it doesn't matter to you whether you are small or big! Its easy to see that when people get frustrated that they aren't a big blogger that they're in it for reasons other than passion! Keep going with your blog lovely!
    Cloe X http://clxelouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you babe! You're so sweet. It's important to persevere because the effort you put in, is what you'll get out xx Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog.

Please don't leave follow for follow comments. I really don't like them. You can however leave a link to your blog and I will check it out. If I like it, then I'll follow xx Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017