MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter: Worth the Hype?

by - 13.8.17


Right, we all love a poppin' highlight (well at least I do!) and we all like to save some dollah. I don't know why I'm being slightly gangster but hey ho, what can ya do? Anyways I love finding gems for affordable prices and after all the hype surrounding the MUA highlighters, I knew that I had to try them out. I just reviewed the Jeffree Star Skin Frost so I know I need to calm down a bit with "the glow" but what can I do? I can't help myself! I promise I'll control myself and not buy any more (for now).

PACKAGING AND COST

MUA is a very affordable brand so you can't expect too much of the packaging. It has the typical "cheap" plastic packaging that brands of this range have, like Essence cosmetics. I kind of like a transparent lid because it makes it easy to see the shade if you have lots of them. It's quite lightweight and seems a bit flimsy, so I don't know how this would fare for travel purposes.

The name is written on the back. The sticker has the name and all the ingredients listed as well. I have a feeling that the name might rub off after a lot of use but that doesn't bother me too much. The writing on the front will definitely rub off even faster.

You get 7.5g for 5.99 Euros. If you live in Belgium, you can purchase it in Kruidvat.


THE PRODUCT

First off, I should probably tell you which shade I have. Mine is called "Iridescent Gold" which is a pretty suitable name in my opinion. It's a icy yellowish-gold. If I compare it to the Mary-Lou Manizer (review), the MUA one is has a cooler, whiter undertone in comparison.

When I swatched it, the texture felt a bit rough and chalky but it doesn't apply that way on the skin. I think that you need to rub off a layer before you get the actual pigmented product underneath. That's a shame because I feel like it's a waste of time and product. The highlighter itself it quite blendable and can easily be layered to the level you like. It gives the skin a natural healthy glow due to it's smooth application. The glitter isn't chunky or over the top.

The highlighter lasts so well. I would say a good 8-9 hours. This product is a baked highlighter and baked products sit so well on the skin and last really well. If you have oily skin like me, then don't worry! This won't fade or make your skin look like an oily mess. You might have to touch up in the middle of the day with some blotting paper. If you have dry skin, I don't think it'll pick up on any dry patches as far as I can tell from the formula, but I can't say for sure.

What I like most about this highlighter is that it will suit nearly every single skin colour. Of course, it will show up more on medium-dark skin tones because of the icy undertone. I checked online and MUA have a huge variety of shade options in this range so I'm sure you'll find something that will suit you.

Here's a swatch of the highlighter. I applied two layers of product to get it to this opacity.


OVERALL

Is it worth the hype? Yes, it's approved!

Although it's not my favourite of ones I've tried, it works amazingly for the price and would be perfect for everyday wear. I'm curious to try more shades and more of MUA's products now because I was so pleased with this one.

I would like to try a warmer shade in the range to see how it fares because those warm shades are more up my street.

What are your favourite MUA products?
x Nikita

You May Also Like

18 comments

  1. It looks very pretty. I have the makeup revolution highlighter in golden lights which looks very similar but slightly less yellow

    Chelle | chellebelle2016.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful! I've seen the MUR one before and that looks lovely as well but I don't think I need both (maybe...) xx Nikita

      Delete
  2. This one looks amazing, and I really like the shade!
    Lucie, xx

    http://thefrenchpier.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I feel like it's one that will suit all skin tones xx Nikita

      Delete
  3. I loved your opening, N!
    I fully support your 'gansta' talk!

    I'm shopping around for a good highlighter so this post couldn't have come at a better time!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha thank you so much S!
      I like to let my inner gangsta out sometimes just for the lols! I've got tons to recommend depending on what kind your looking for! More highlighter reviews are yet to come.

      Let me know which one you pick up in the end xx Nikita

      Delete
  4. My favourites are their matte lipsticks. I might pick one of these up soon, there's just so many shades that it's hard to pick just one x

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried them before but I've heard great things! I totally feel that! It's such a struggle! xx Nikita

      Delete
  5. Woah the colour looks amazing!

    louiselovesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not tried any MUA highlighters, but I've only ever heard good things! The colour of this one looks so pretty, I'm loving the gold with the white undertone. Great review as always xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! They have so many shades so I'm sure you'll find one that suits you. Thank you so much babe! xx Nikita

      Delete
  7. Great post and photos! Also, love this review! :)
    https://barbiegirl06.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, wow that looks so pigmented, very yellow though! I think maybe it would look nice as a light dusting, but I think if I wanted to build it up, I would rather use a slightly lighter highlighter with more of a glow/sheen rather than shimmer.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is but you're right! It can become too yellow if you add to much. They have a more golden one which I would like to try xx Nikita

      Delete

I appreciate every single person who comments and everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my blog. I reply to every single comment even if it may take some time. Join the family! x Nikita

Copyright Nikita Rajkumar 2016-2017